another new guy

Jim Krause

I, and other members of our local club can say an amen to fsm1000's comment on temperature variation and track reliability. Our building is unheated in the winter and unairconditioned in the summer. Sometimes the trackwork looks like a snake.

Russ Bellinis

It looks good. The only question I have is how much space do you have between the wall and the back of the layout? When you have the scenery done will you be able to reach to the back to rerail a train? Finally, as close as the track is running to the edge in back behind the incline, I would reccomend some sort of low wall, backdrop, or building flats to keep derailed trains from falling to the floor.

fsm1000,, pretty sure I will be ok on temp change and track conditions,, it is located in what used to be a bedroom,,,, with central heat in the winter and good air cond. in the summer

Jim,, thanks,,

and Russ,,,,It is kinda hard to tell in the pic, but I have around thirteen inches between the wall and table on the sides,, not a lot but I can walk around it with no problem and it is a real good reason for me not to get much fatter,,,, I also see what you saying about the track looking real close on the back by the incline,, part of it is deceiving,,, it is about like the other side for space but this is all coming down after the first of the year for a different layout,,,, this is just kind of a test to get used to switches and dcc and other things,,,,,,, ,, thanks all for the replys,,,,,, ,,,,,,, ,,,,, st