Another Model Power House Goes Under The Razor Saw

Discussion in 'Scratchin' & Bashin'' started by Drew1125, Jun 22, 2003.

1. Drew1125

Drew1125 Active Member

In case anyone thinks I've given up on the Poor Fork Mining layout, here's another kitbash I've been piddling with over the last few weeks...still not finished...need some doors, stairs, & more details...
    Once again, I started with a Model Power farmhouse, & added some scratchbuilt bits...
    It will eventually find a hyome in the town of Glasgow Jct.

Attached Files:

2. ezdays

ezdays Out AZ way

Amazing, simply amazing. Keep us posted as you go along.

3. Tyson Rayles

Tyson Rayles Active Member

I've seen that building in real life! :cool:
  4. Drew1125

Drew1125 Active Member

Thanks guys! :)

I appreciate the many of the photos of the Appalachian region dating back to the late 19th, & early 20th century, feature unpainted, rough-hewn wooden structures.

I also read a book by John Grisham called A Painted House, which depicts a Mississippi farm family during the 1940's, & where paint is a luxury only the more well-to-do town folks can afford.

That's the look I'm trying to get on this layout.
  5. Ralph

Ralph's for fun!

That looks real nice Charlie! Very realistic. By the way, I like the fall colors in the background.
  6. Drew1125

Drew1125 Active Member

Thanks Ralph!
  7. Gary Pfeil

Gary Pfeil Active Member

That's real nice, Charlie! Did you use two houses? What a totally different building you've built. Great work.

8. philip

philip Guest

You hit home on that one. Looks great! Very country!

9. TomPM

TomPM Another Fried Egg Fan

Great job so far. Can't wait to see the finished product.
  10. Drew1125

Drew1125 Active Member

Thanks again for the kind words, everyone! :)

Thanks Gary!
    I did use a wall section from another kit, along with some Evergreen clapboard siding...I've had so many of these things that I can always find pieces in the scrap box...
    These are such generic little kits, they can be chopped up, added to, & rearranged into all kinds of different things.
  11. Charlie -
    Great job! This is one of those "D'oh, why didn't I think of it..." deals...

What a great way to make a quick distinctive structure. Thanks for the inspiration!

12. roryglasgow

roryglasgow Active Member

Nice job, Charlie! You never cease to amaze me!