Another Macchi 200 (pahorace's is much better)

Discussion in 'Aircraft & Aviation' started by Wily, Jun 24, 2008.

1. Wily

Wily Member

Ok, here is MY Macchi. It's a Prudenziati kit. Notice the clam-fisted craftsmanship? The thing looks like I painted it with a live mouse...

Anyway, pahorace's Marek kit is much nicer... :) So, I attempted to Photoshop a version to improve upon the wretched cobble-job I did to a perfectly nice model airplane.

Attached Files:

2. Wily

Wily Member

And uh...the "rating" is mine. An accident. Sorry. Just like the model. :(
  3. JLKasper

JLKasper New Member

:thumb: Your model looks fine to me! I especially like the sepia tone on the last pic. :thumb:
  4. pahorace

pahorace Member

Hi Wily,
    look your MC-200 is really very nice, not a disaster as you say!
    And the livery is without doubt the most interesting of Marek's model.

5. Wily

Wily Member

Your words of appreciation are nice...but the airplane is awful...and I'm thoroughly fine with that LOL!

However, the reason I posted it is because posting photos seems to encourage the hobby. :)

What really wrecked the model was a clear-glaze that I sprayed over it...the brand is Krylon®. The coating seeped into the paper edges causing the already-imperfect edges to swell and fray.

pahorace - you made a nice choice in the paper...and I noticed there were no visible fingerprints on the airplane in the photos. NICE! :)
  6. pahorace

pahorace Member

Hi Wily,
    in my introductory message I said that the paper I used is very delicate and not easy to handle.
    But that does not mean that it is impossible to manipulate.
    I have always tried to keep their hands clean and dry well at work and especially not to dirty their hands with glue.
    For the rest, not to be afraid (as Gerardo-Milenio3 says) take knife, scissors, glue .... and cut and paste!
    You will see that the models will be very nice.

7. I use Krylon a lot. I have learned that you have to be patient with it. If you spray the coats lightly and let them dry thoroughly you won't have that problem. But if you get impatient like me and rush it. The 2nd coat will just melt into the first and you end up with what you describe. I get good results swhen I wait and let that first coat dry properly. Just a suggestion. By the way I use the Krylon that has UV. It can really help avoid deterioration and fading.

Nice model though keep up the good work
  8. Wily

Wily Member

Thank you..I admit I'm probably impatient...since I'm working on a new kit and I still have Clear Spray left...I'll do as you recommend.