Another Lurker Surfaces - UK

Discussion in 'Zealot Archives' started by Hondamax, Jun 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hondamax

Hondamax New Member

Hi All,

I've been lurking on and off for months now, but seeing as I've just asked a question on the Internet Auction forum, I thought it would only be polite to introduce myself.

I've been modelling for the last 40 years, since I was 12, but have started into card in the last four years, basically as a result of the V2 on Ralph Currell's site.

I've done part of Ralph's N1, some of the Space Models from I know not where, some of Sigma 7s Mercury and Geminis and made my own 1/48 Black Arrow R3 and a 1:500 and 1:200 Saturn V (which got difficult as I had David Weeks' plans and got lost in adding invisible detail). I've just bought and printed a 1/33 Whirlwind, which I might start next (or not).

I'm thinking about doing a Fairmile "Dog" Boat, because I want a model and no one seems to do it (unless you can tell me different?).

2. David H

David H Member

Hi Max!

Great to see another UK builder...

I want HMS Warrior 1860!

3. paulhbell

paulhbell Guest

Welcome to the forum. Good bunch of guys and girls on here, always happy to help. And dam good models.
  4. wunwinglow

wunwinglow Active Member

Welcome! Have you got John Lamberts 'Anatomy of the Ship' book on the Fairmile 'D'? Everything you could possibly need to do a wonderful design!

Keep us posted; there will be several offers to beta test build it for you!!

Tim (In sultry Bristol....)
  5. Hondamax

Hondamax New Member

Thanks all,

Yes I have AOTS for the D boat, complete with its plans. Now that I've mentioned it I suppose I'll have to give it a go.... See you all in about 6 months ...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.