Another Idea: The Academy

MasonJar

It's not rocket surgery
Oct 31, 2002
Ottawa, Canada
Visit site
Thanks again to Shamus, who has moved some threads to The Academy - click here for more information.

I suggested these items be moved, as they are often referenced and/or made a big impression at the time. In no time at all, and to my great surprise, Shamus moved ALL my suggestions!

Then I thought "who am I alone to judge these works?", so my Idea (with a capital 'i'!) is to maybe have a monthly poll to vote for another addition to The Academy. I think this would help us recognize some great work done by great people.

Suggested criteria would include that the nominated thread(s) would have to be in a "how-to" format, not just a single shot of a finished project.

Any comments, questions, thoughts, suggestions?

Andrew

RailRon

Nov 23, 2002
Trimbach, Switzerland
This is a very good idea, Andrew.

A suggestion:

Could we have a sticky thread (perhaps in the 'Technical Q&A' section), called 'What should go into the Academy?'. If you find a fine 'how-to'-contribution, you can post your vote for it there. And as soon as such a contribution gets more than 5 / 10 / 20 (???) votes, it will be moved to the Academy.

After that, all the posts concerning this special article could be deleted from this 'What should go...' thread. Perhaps one post stays put, telling that the article 'xxx' is in the Academy now.

Just an idea. What do you think? Could this be a practical way?

Ron