Another brain-teaser

rogerw

Jun 16, 2006
manhattan ks
oh some how missed that. But that does remind me of when I dated a midget once..................... man I was nuts over her.

CNWman

CNW Fan
Jan 3, 2007
The Riverside Railroad
Ok, here's one

You are traveling on a road at night when you reach a fork in the road. One way will take you to where you're going, and the other goes off a really high cliff and you'll die, but you don't know which is which, so you have to ask the boy standing nearby. Now, this boy has a twin and look EXACTLY ALIKE and you can't tell which one's which either. One of them always lies, and the other one always tells the truth. You can ask the boy you have one and ONLY one question. What is the question you ask to go on your way safley?

Squidbait

Recovering ALCO-holic
Jan 27, 2007
Paris, ON
If I can only ask one question, it would be "Which road would he tell me to take?"... then I'd take the opposite.

bigsteel

Call me Mr.Tinkertrain
Dec 12, 2006
Cincinnati,Ohio
mcdonalds has this thing called "mcdeer nuts"....there under a buck...LOL :D

hers one more joke:my brother got this somewhere

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]A New York businessman boarded a train in Albany on his way to Buffalo. As it was a night train, he took a sleeper car and gave the porter strict instructions to awaken him and put him off in Buffalo.[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica]
"I am a very heavy sleeper," the passenger said, "and I may give you a hard time, but I have an extremely important corporate meeting to attend. Make sure you put me off in Buffalo – even if you have to throw me off on my pajamas."

The next morning the man woke up to find himself in Cleveland. He located the porter and chewed him out with some very abusive language. After the man left, a bystander asked the porter how he could stand there and take the verbal abuse. "That weren’t nothin’," the porter replied. You should’ve heard the guy I put off in Buffalo!"[/FONT]

MadHatter

Charging at full tilt.
Jan 27, 2007
Centurion, South Africa
Doc Holliday said:
Ok, try this one.

A school marm is as old as a cowboy will be when the school marm is twice the age that the cowboy was when the school marm's age was half the sum of their present ages.

What are their ages?
Doc

What is a school marm?? :eek:ops: Is the answer 1

doctorwayne

Sep 6, 2005
Canada, eh?
CNWman said:
You are traveling on a road at night when you reach a fork in the road. One way will take you to where you're going, and the other goes off a really high cliff and you'll die, but you don't know which is which, so you have to ask the boy standing nearby. Now, this boy has a twin and look EXACTLY ALIKE and you can't tell which one's which either. One of them always lies, and the other one always tells the truth. You can ask the boy you have one and ONLY one question. What is the question you ask to go on your way safley?

I'd pick a path, then ask him to accompany me. If he agrees, the way is safe. If he refuses, take the other route.
biggrin.gif

Wayne

doctorwayne

Sep 6, 2005
Canada, eh?
Here's a riddle that used to drive me nuts when I was a kid. It's from Esquire's Handbook for Hosts, published in 1949. (Which probably explains those lavish wages.;) )

Three railway men named Smith, Robinson, and Jones, and three businessmen similarly named, live in the state of New York. The businessman Robinson and the brakeman live in Albany, the businessman Jones and the fireman live in Rochester, while the businessman Smith and the engineer live halfway between these two cities. The brakeman's namesake earns $3500 a year; the engineer earns one third of the businessman nearest him. The railway man Smith beats the fireman at billiards. Name the engineer.

Wayne

Squidbait

Recovering ALCO-holic
Jan 27, 2007
Paris, ON
Pitchwife said:
If you have to be fast to get from point A to B in one hour, what do you have to be to travel the same distance in two hours?

I am not a fast model railroader,

I am not a slow model railroader,

I am a half-fast model railroader! :p