Another B&W Shot

Drew1125

Jan 28, 2001
This is a diorama shot I posted here a long time ago, showing a couple of kitbashed houses...
Once again, I've been playing around on the computer, & I washed out all the color, & tried to give it that old, faded look...

(btw...there really is a train in this photo, if you look closely! :D )

Attachments

• b&wdiorama1.jpg
    b&wdiorama1.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 116

shamus

Registered Member
Dec 17, 2000
UK
Hi Charlie, very nice photo, what program do you use?
Shamus
waver.gif

spitfire

Jul 28, 2002
Toronto, Canada
www.parkdaleyard.com
Great diorama Charlie - I really enjoy these black and white shots of yours. One thing that I've noticed about a lot of old pics, at least the ones my mom has lying around, is that they were all taken in sunlight (had to back then) so even though there is fading, there is still a lot of contrast.

I hope you don't mind but I've been having a little Photoshop fun with your shot. I added a sepia tone, and that white border they used to have. Guess if I wanted to be a real stickler I would add that raggedy wavy edge, and maybe a few scratches too!

cheers
:D Val

Attachments

• charlie.jpg
    charlie.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 105

Drew1125

Jan 28, 2001
That's pretty cool, Val! Looks like one of those old snap shots in one of my mom's albums! :)
Guess I got a little carried away with the contrast/brightness control!:eek: :D :eek:
Here's what the original looks like...

(btw...I could use a few pointers on that Photoshop stuff too...)

Attachments

• diorama1.jpg
    diorama1.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 84

CSX6638

Jul 24, 2002
FLORIDA
Visit site
Charlie
That photo reminds me of a time when I was a youngster. A little sepia tone would put it right in the early 30,s. I think that truck was my Dad,s

CSX6638
Florida

shamus

Registered Member
Dec 17, 2000
UK
Hi Charlie,
Photoshop or Paintshop pro7 are great tools for photo touchup, I have added another truck and some people to the scene.
If anyone does need any help with paint proggies, Myself Tyson Jon or Val will help out I am sure.

Shamus
waver.gif

Attachments

• diorama1.jpg
    diorama1.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 43

spitfire

Jul 28, 2002
Toronto, Canada
www.parkdaleyard.com
Re: hey Val

Originally posted by McFortner
Maybe you should do a mini-tutorial on how to use photoshop and other programs to improve digital images. I know I could use the help....

Michael

Hi Michael,

Photoshop is such a multi-faceted program that it would be difficult to devise a "mini" tutorial - where to start? what to cover? Perhaps if instead you were to ask specific questions, such as "how did you get that sepia tone?" I could be of more help to you.

cheers
:D Val