Another Atlas veteran checks in

Dave Plummer

Jul 7, 2004
Looks like a lot of the gang is already here and (some that I'd rather not see aren't). Too bad how our old haunt was hi-jacked and forced into retirement/restructuring. It got to the point where I merely lurked on occasion and spent more time at the workbench.

BTW, my C40-8's arrived, got real ditchlights and headlights and have been pressed into service. These loco's are simply awesome.

Well, it looks like there is a lot to explore around here.

Brakie - Are there any forums you aren't a member of?

Dave

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Jun 18, 2002
St. Paul, MN
Visit site
Welcome aboard Dave! The Gauge underwent an update this year that knocked it offline for about a week. I went through severe withdrawal! :) I can relate to Atlas Forum members feeling hi-jacked. Hope you enjoy your stay here!
Ralph

atsfman

May 12, 2004
Kansas City,KS
home.kc.rr.com
Hi Dave, good to see you hanging around here. This is a much quieter, gentler board than we were used to at Atlas. But at least your old buddy isn't lurking around here. However, he is on one of the other forums, so be careful.

Bob Miller

jmarksbery

Sep 25, 2002
Butler, Kentucky USA
members.aol.com
:wave: Welcome Aboard Dave and all the other New former Atlas people also. This is the place to be friendly and helpful also. If you have a question just ask, the response is quick. We also like input as well as pictures. I think you guys may have found a new home, we hope so. We kind of feel that once you make a post you are then a fellow Gauger. :thumb: :wave: Jim

brakie

Nov 8, 2001
Bucyrus,Ohio
Visit site
Hi Dave! :wave:
Welcome to the Gauge..Glad to see you.. :D I am only active on 5 forums..I visit the other from time to time and there are some I no longer visit..I was just about to quit the Atlas forum when they shut the forum down so I doubt if I will be going back as I suspect it will become like it was before the shut down... :(

Anywhoo Ain't those C40-8s great looking engines? Almost makes me want to change eras. :D

Silicon

Jul 7, 2003
www.sr.boche.net
Good to see you, Dave! :wave: The more the merrier! :D
brakie said:
I was just about to quit the Atlas forum when they shut the forum down so I doubt if I will be going back as I suspect it will become like it was before the shut down...
Sorry to hear it, Brakie. I always found your posts on the Atlas forum to be informative. Perhaps some of the upgrades they're making will reduce the number of trolls on the board? :thumb:

Dave Plummer

Jul 7, 2004
Phew! This forum and the cockpit of a 747 have a lot in common! Its gonna take a while to figure all this stuff out. Anyone seen posts from Fitch, Albee, Dean or Christian floating around?

I doubt that the Atlas forum will come back. I think it had become a real liability for them. On the up-side it was a very active and responsive board in its time. This one seems more active than the others I've checked. Things will probably pick-up even more now that the Atlas ex-pats are arriving.

Dave

atsfman

May 12, 2004
Kansas City,KS
home.kc.rr.com
Dick Elmore said:
Welcome Dave. It looks like a lot of the old Atlas gang is here. This is my
first post here also. Bob Miller, I'm glad to see at least one other ATSF nut is here too.

Dick
Texas Chief

Got that right, Dick. Nut and ATSF to boot.

And if Jim gets Dean here, we have another.

And Sprink, that is one of everything as long as it is ATCHISON TOPEKA AND SANTA FE.

Bob

RioGrande

Jun 10, 2004
I emailed Dean today to give him the URL link to this form and Railroadforums. Hopefully he'll check in soon.

Jim