Another 1:60th Crawler Build

Discussion in 'Space & Aeronautics' started by George B, Feb 10, 2008.

1. jaffro

jaffro Long term member

I know I'm a bit late, but regarding the cabin windows / interior I have a suggestion...

I would cut the windows out, glaze them with clear plastic, then place a background picture behind the glazing, either the window panels you cut out, or something else you whip up yourself in a graphic program.

it would look similar to what you have now, but with the aded etail of a reflection coming from the "glass".
  2. George B

George B Senior Member

I started work on the tracks. I went ahead and actually added the shoe serial numbers to each one.:twisted:
    There's alot of cutting and folding to complete one track but the end result should be well worth it.

Until next time...........

Attached Files:

3. scobie48

scobie48 New Member

Hi George,
    Man, I am Awestruck with this build... I have been watching and learning.. If I ever find one I'd like to do the LUT and crawler for Ton's Saturn V I built someday... once I finish all the other ones I want to build.. Thanks for being here.. This forum is just something else!!!! Scott
  4. NYC Irish

NYC Irish Member

Cleat serial numbers?

Just incase one falls off and you have to replace it exactly?

I kinda think they are all the same.....

Well done George,

John John
  5. George B

George B Senior Member

Each Cleat (actually called a shoe) has it's own individual number, not sure if they call them serial numbers or not. I believe it's to track how long each has been in service and at what point it's due for replacement.
    Although some have been in service since the 60's!

Spaceflight Now | Breaking News | Space shuttle movers get new shoes

Let's hope one never falls off. :mrgreen:

Attached Files:

6. George B

George B Senior Member

Hi Guys,

I'm building Crawler #3 sign1

Talk about extremes.

Attached Files:

7. Nando

Nando Designer Extraordinaire

Cool George: two Mini-Crawler!

...But... tell me, are you envious of mine? sign1
  8. exzealot

exzealot Member

Hi George,

Wow! That's a really small crawler. Can't wait to see how you fold the little shoes for this one!

My 2 cents: If you do decide to build an actual interior for the cabins, the Apollo era vs the Shuttle era are quite different. Based on the 2-podium configuration shown on the kit's graphics, this one is for Apollo. I'm sure you already knew that - I just put this in your thread for others who may not realize this.

Nice Job!