Annoying Dealerqpromotion e-mails

Discussion in 'Zealot Archives' started by ml5716111, Jan 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ml5716111

ml5716111 Guest

Hi everyone,

I need some advice. A few years ago, I sent an e-mail to one of the online cardmodeling dealers, requesting info about something (don't remember what was it). He answered me. But from then on, I keep receiving his promotion e-mails, (put me automaticaly on his mailing list).
    I asked him twice to remove me from his mailing list, and from his reply, the last one I received this morning, I can't say if he comply with my request or not. Is there a law in the USA that requires senders to remove people who asked so, from their mailing lists? Is there anything else I can do about it?

Thanks, Moshe
  2. SCEtoAux

SCEtoAux Member

Can't you set up your email program to automatically delete all emails from that address? In some cases you can set up your email program to not even download emails from certain addresses. Check out the help files for the email program you use or check with your ISP to see if you can get the same results that way.

The USA has a Do Not Call program for home telephones and cell phones but it is for domestic (USA) phone numbers only. You can check with the FCC at and see if there is something there that will help out. Since the internet is global there might be a program where you could at least file a complaint.
  3. wccrawford

wccrawford Novice Papercrafter

The CANN SPAM act requires that they have an opt-out process and do it within 10 days.

Personally, I contact his ISP or host and tell them he is spamming you. It actually works quite well. If he runs his own server (unlikely) you can go upline from him and talk to his server's ISP, but that's less likely to work unless others have complained as well.
  4. ml5716111

ml5716111 Guest

Thanks for the link, I'll check it out. I'm using Outlook Express, and I have the option of only moving unwanted e-mails into the deleted-items folder and I'm already doing that, but not to delete it permanently by the filter.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.