Announcement: My Enterprise Bridge Models

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Master-Bruce, Mar 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Master-Bruce

Master-Bruce Active Member

I listed min in the models category under the Games and Toys section. That way people who are already looking for models may be tempted to try papermodelling.

That's how I got into the hobby. Not through a commercial kit though, I was looking for model kits of a Dropship from Aliens and strumbled aross AliensPapercraft. ;) The rest as they say, was history. :)
  2. Hot4Darmat

Hot4Darmat Member

Funny that. Rukr's site and his amazing Aliens stuff was my entry point as well. I've been scratchbuilding in paper and cardboard since my childhood, but I'd never heard of this modern day version until I came across his site. I built his EEV, then went and found a bunch of homeworld paper models, and that was it. Hooked.
  3. Gearz

Gearz Member

Thanks for sharing the Biz-info Skip ~ very pleasing, interesting and useful!!! I'm sure we will all keep a close eye out for pirate (scab) activity now their flowing

4. Master-Bruce

Thanks Gearz, I appreciate that. Though I wouldn't say they're flowing yet. :) I've sold one of each.

I've been thinking about i though, these particular models may not fare so well because they are interiors. Not everyone's cup of tea unless they have figures to display in them?

Time will tell I guess, but it's a decent start.
  5. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

Well..... OK. I contracted Skip to make a model. I'm going to pay Skip an agreed upon fee to make it up and unfold it, then I'm going offer it up as a free model. The free model will come with directions that stipulate you can make any changes you want to it. You can add supports, wires, clear plastic for windows, lights whatever you want. I guess it's OK with the free model contest...???

It's my way off supporting the craft, helping out Skip, getting something I want done and adding to the community, while I try to slog through Pep and Met and work on my other projects.

BTW, congrats Skip on the "Buy it Now" option, that looks like it's the way to go!:thumb:
  6. jgderuvo

jgderuvo Member

Well, considering that the Enterprise and any other design from Star Trek is the exclusive property of Paramount Pictures, Inc. Good luck with that.

7. Hot4Darmat

Hot4Darmat Member

If you get rich and famous off your sales...will you still talk to us? Just kidding.

When are you going to offer same scale bridge models of Battlestar Galactica (TOS and TNS)? That, too would be a very cool paper model, no?
  8. Master-Bruce

LOL. I'm not going anywhere. Though I doubt I'll ever gt rich. It's not my plan, this is still a hobby for me not a buisiness. Otherwise it'll just be work and no fun.

You know? Back when I was doing the Enterprise bridges I was thinking of the CIC from te new BSG.
  9. SAustin16

SAustin16 Member

It can't hurt to try selling your product. Good luck with your endevour, and keep us posted on how you fare.
  10. paulhbell

paulhbell Guest

'OOOO' A BSG bridge, come on skip, you must do one now.

Did you get the mind waves there, did it work, are you under my spell.sign1
  11. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

LOL! I'm with Paul, but then again, anything Galactica would be cool. thanks again for all of your hard work Skip I'm sure I'm not the only one that appreciates it.
  12. Master-Bruce

Well,I may get to do it at some point. But there are too many models in front of it that I'd like to do first.

I keep saying it, so many ideas, so little time. :)
  13. Trekcreations

Trekcreations EnterpriseCreations

14. Elliott

Elliott Senior Member

Another thread was just closed on this same subject. We have no copyright lawyers on this forum to our knowledge. If anyone is an IP lawyer please enlighten us all. Otherwise, this is neither the proper place or time to revisit the subject. Period.
  15. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

They don't own his models. He designed them. If there was a card model of the enterprise bridge sold by Paramount or a company who paid for exclusivity then I would say there is a problem.

I would say 1 out of 20 items sold anywhere has 'rights' to a certain IP it mimics. Most items that are created by fans are created from scratch and so their rights to their product is in the design work itself and NOT the subject matter.

When someone makes a claim on a card model, they are making a claim on the design work and effort into creating it. Nothing anywhere in the creator's claim does he state that the product is a part of any Paramount design. No associations are made with Paramount in the title. Paramount is not held libel for the card model.

People who come on here and troll threads for IP infringement have no real input into this forum. It's ironic that they never build or release models too. I'm pretty sure their hard drives are full of free models of IP related material though. No doubt material created by others they go onto ebay and sell for their own gains.

As for the bridge models that were free. Perhaps you can use them as free models for publicity and new stuff can carry a price.
  16. Nothing

Nothing Longtime Member

17. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

Well said SteveO, well said!:thumb:
  18. Lex

Lex Dollmaker

Reiterating that!
  19. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

It's possible to bite one's tongue to avoid saying what they want to say .... but I need my fingers without teeth marks on them for work as the worlds greatest hand model.
  20. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.