Anime figurine design.........

Discussion in 'Gallery & Designs' started by Lex, Jun 4, 2007.

1. Lex

Lex Dollmaker

Okay, so after building so many models from Mizuirogakuen, I have finally picked up the courage to give it a shot at designing a figurine... 8) --I do hope there is more people working in this subject in the future, currently I haven't managed to find a lot of threads on this.

This is not my first design. My previous try lasted for one year but still ended in failure. This time I'll post my progress here so that I have to complete it.

3 Days of working resulted in the face and upper body:
  2. Kevin G

Kevin G Member

Wow she is looking cute!
    I have an unhealthy relationship with all types of anime, can't wait to see what you have in store for us!
    Thanks for sharing your designing work with us, looking forward to updates.
  3. Zathros

Zathros Guest

I have never been able to di figures in Rhino, you have a great start there. I wish I knew how to dot hat!
  4. What a giant leap forward, Nezard! Good luck with this new project. Based on the success of your ealier design efforts, I'm sure you will succeed. I'm guessing this will be an anime character of your own creation based on the flak some of the other designers are finding themselves in right now. I will be following this thread closely.
  5. kooklik

kooklik Member

Hi Nezard

Fantastic design. I was looking for someone who can design any figure by Rhino. I hope i can do in someday. Go on your cute job. I'll walk along the way you make.

6. Lex

Lex Dollmaker

To Kooklik: I am still experimenting with lots of things here. I use Rhino because... I am used to it :D. But Rhino won't do textures as nicely as others so I plan to export the final mesh to Metaseq before moving on. Metasequoia and HexaSuper are the two programs which integrate seamlessly with Pepakura.
  7. kooklik

kooklik Member

Interesting method of applications using. I'll follow your threads. Thanks for advise.
    Best Regards
  8. Lex

Lex Dollmaker

Lower body (or "torso"? who knows...) The hip was not easy to model, but still struggled through it. Glad that's finished --Everything at the moment are only polylines with no surfaces, which truely dictates the word "wireframe" :twisted:

And... does the ratio of the sizes seem right? I get the feeling that the lower body is a bit "thin"...
  9. TheWebdude

TheWebdude Just a Member

Lower body looks right to me.
  10. Alcides

Alcides Member

Very interesting and complex model.

It's difficult to tell by the perspective but in a woman the hips must be wider than shoulders. You know :wink:

11. TheWebdude

TheWebdude Just a Member

But "not" in anime. :twisted:
  12. Alcides

Alcides Member

I think you have a lot of experiencie in modeling and in the anime area but as anime fanatic myself I understand one of characteristic of anime is to respect the body proportions without exageration. This is why I put mi opinion.

As I remember Ghost in the Shell is a anime :twisted:

13. TheWebdude

TheWebdude Just a Member

It is indeed!

Hips are wider than waist, not shoulder.:wink:

Inu Yasha:

14. Lex

Lex Dollmaker

Thanks for the pics and advices guys. I adjusted the body shape by just a little bit, and today I did the arms and proper hair, the previous hair was a placebo for I really don't like looking at a bald head during modelling :D (Still learning a lot of things... I'll have to keep things as simple as possible.)
  15. Lex

Lex Dollmaker

Back to business

I've been spending the last couple of weeks in the blistering city of Beijing, and just 4 days ago I looked in my PC and... OMG I've forgot all about this project...

So it's back to work, the model is now finished and developed in Pepakura. I'll release it after doing a testbuild.

For now, a rendering by Meta...

Attached Files:

16. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

17. Mark_1984

Mark_1984 Guest

Good links - thanks Steve
  18. Lex

Lex Dollmaker

Many thanks for those links Steve!!

--Actually I've been learning at Manga University for sometimes, and that 3d tutorial definitely helps! Thanks again
  19. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

No probs... I have more if you like but I instantly throught of the 3DTotal one since it's close to manga in nature.
    The great thing about modeling and 'rigging' your own character is that you then have a base to create nearly infinite character models in infinite poses.