angle fix

Discussion in 'Gallery & Designs' started by yaniv, Mar 5, 2007.

  1. yaniv

    yaniv Active Member

    hi all

    if i have a top view of some airplane i like to design

    the problem is that its in angle of 50c

    how can i make it for 90c
  2. SteveM

    SteveM Member

    "stretch" it by a factor of 1/sin(50). Stretch means scale it in one dimension only leaving the other direction alone.

    I am assuming that you mean the top view is not dirctly down but is at an angle. That means the dimensions are foreshortened in one direction. Scale in that direction by the reciprocal of the sine of the angle to compensate.
  3. barry

    barry Active Member


    It may well be a dumb answer but use something like photoshop and rotate square. Or Have I missed the point altogether
  4. Lex

    Lex Dollmaker

    The best way is to print and scan it back in the right direction, the other way is to use 'shear' command in paint twice to preform a rotation (Needs some maths, also degrades image quality).

Share This Page