Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Starship Builder, Apr 26, 2008.

1. any one know were i can get a model of the andromeda ship from the andromeda tv series i tried using a google sketh up modle but unfolding was terrible
  2. Master-Bruce

Master-Bruce Active Member

3. thanks skip found it now do you know of a converter program to convert the .MOD into a .3ds file i dont have 3ds max but if i can convert the file i can open in pep and unfold
  4. Paragon

Paragon Active Member

I think Andromeda requires a very different approach, actually. For some of the very thin parts of the wing, I would consider using a laminating style for construction. They'd almost be 2D, but would be much easier to construct. The main hull and other large parts could be designed as fully-3D components.
  5. Master-Bruce

Hey. You can download the free trial version of Milkshape. There's a pluggin set for it too that allows you to open MOD files. I think the trial lasts for 30 days.

I'd offer to do it for you but my trial expired long ago. Just google, "free milkshape". It should give you what you need. ;)
  6. thanks skip search now
  7. Master-Bruce

Happy to help. :)
  8. TonyG2

TonyG2 Member

I had a low poly model of the Andromeda downloaded about three years ago but it proved such a PITA to work on I gave up in disgust wall1

If I kept it (doubtful) I'll let you know.
  9. magik0012

magik0012 New Member

I have a 3DS Max model of the Andromeda (somewhere on my lappy) that I downloaded years ago. I doubt its low-poly tho..

Lemme go look for it..
  10. magik0012

magik0012 New Member

Found it.. but oh-my is it high-poly..

Attached Files:

11. sjsquirrel

sjsquirrel Member

I have a mesh I picked up a year or two ago. It's from a Bridge Commander mod. A little less than 14000 polygons, which isn't too bad really. It's currently number 4 on my to-develop list. The textures are not as nice as the one you show here, but the model is pretty good. Send me a PM if you want me to send a copy or a link (I don't get to the forums regularly but do get email notification of PM's). The original file format was NIF. I used Nifskope to convert it to obj, then loaded it in Meta. I could probably convert it to whatever you want.

12. well im using meta so thatll be fine ill send you a PM
  13. sjsquirrel

sjsquirrel Member

Did you get it?

I emailed it a few days ago. Hadn't seen your post so sent it in lightwave format. If you haven't received it let me know.

14. yrah i got it thanks ill get to it soon busy week lots of tests to do
  15. Master-Bruce

This'll be a nice model to see. Looking forward to it. ;)
  16. thanks ive been tryiing to dumbing it down in meta it hurts my head lol i need to basiclt cut the model up to make unfolding better
  17. TonyG2

TonyG2 Member

I found a website a few years back with a load of low poly meshes that were workable (in theory) but untextured. Included Whitestar, Bluestar, Liandra and other from B5 PLUS the Andromeda.

Only problem was I lost the link and all the saved files in a crash a few weeks back. When I get the chance I'll trawl my backup discs to see if I saved a copy.
  18. cool thanks any help will be good im stil at refrence gathering stage for a scratch built one
  19. Chilihead-Do

Chilihead-Do Member

I'm searching a papercraft of this ship for months with no success.
    Looking forward to it, it's a great ship.