And they didn’t toss me out!

Discussion in 'Internet Finds' started by Jim Nunn, Mar 7, 2005.

1. Jim Nunn

Jim Nunn Member

I visited IPMS Orange County for the February meeting this is a haunt of several of the Paper Modelers in Southern California. IPMS Orange County is one of the premier IPMS clubs in the western US, and they “tolerate†paper models.

I entered the finished NSU Kettenkrad by Modelik and receved a first in paper models.

Jim Nunn
  2. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

Did you get the "Is that really made from paper??!!"
    all the time?
  3. Gil

Gil Active Member

Nice going Jim and congratulations for the win..., now will FSM show your entry?

Best regards, Gil
  4. rkelterer

rkelterer Member

congratulation from me, too ! this is a small step for a papermodel but a huge step into .... :D

greetings from austria
  5. Gil, I remember that Fine Styrene Modeling :roll: actually did show a card model in the Gallery Section one time. IIRC it was one of Roman's designs but I could be mistaken
  6. Jim Nunn

Jim Nunn Member

Several Master Paper Modelers belong to this club. David T. Okamura, Bob Penikas, (a past president of the club), Dan Reno (Delta 7), and Jason Sutton this is why they are supporting paper models. I have to admit that with this high level of modelers the club members are used to seeing good paper models and you don’t hear the “is that really paper?“ comment very often.

Jim Nunn