And Suddenly..... It All Becomes So Clear

Discussion in 'G / O / S Scale Model Trains' started by Cannonball, Mar 21, 2007.

1. Cannonball

Cannonball More Trains Than Brains

I tore apart half my upper level of track this morning trying to figure out why the track keeps getting kinked and tossing my cars. I was just about convinced that the trestles were more trouble than they were worth when I found the culprit.

I have an old "vintage" set of graduated trestles for the rise and fall of my upper level. These have steel track clamps that the track just sits on and gets screwed down with #4 sheet metal screws.

To finish the turn out, I needed extra trestles so I ordered a new set of raised trestles. These have plastic track clamps where the track has to first slide into a small groove and then be fastened down with screws.

I guess not being in the grooves was just enough to hink up 4 sections of track in the upper level so that nothing was running right except my smallest, lighest trains and the trolley. This is what happens when Lionel doesn't put directions in the box. :rolleyes:

But I think it's all better now. :)
  2. oldtanker

oldtanker Member

sign1 Hey that would only work if people READ THE BOX......sign1

3. oldtanker

oldtanker Member

And I will be going to the dark side in a few weeks. A widow with a 14 year old son is coming to visit so he can ask me questions about the Army. He is bringing a Lionel set he got for Christmas (2 years ago) that doesn't run. I'm guessing a wiring problem in the engine and said I would look at it.

4. Cannonball

Good luck with both the Army talk and the engine repairs! :thumb:
  5. oldtanker

oldtanker Member

Hey after 20 years in the Army controlled by politicians from both sides that soldiers couldn't trust I'm a shoe in...LOL.

6. ozzy

ozzy Active Member

so your going to talk him out of it
  7. oldtanker

oldtanker Member

ozzy, no i'm going to tell the truth and let him talk himself outta it!

8. ozzy

ozzy Active Member

well if he is 14, he has some time to talk himself out of it,

is the mom and dad trying to talk him out of it? or did he want to talk to you on his own?

9. pgandw

pgandw Active Member

Be very suspicious of the transformer if it's a CW-80. And no, a normal multimeter will give all kinds of screwy readings trying to troubleshoot.

yours in power
  10. oldtanker

oldtanker Member

Ozzy, dad is dead and can' isn't happy about his interest.

11. ozzy

ozzy Active Member

sorry to hear about the dad, and i dont plame the mom for not being happy.

12. oldtanker

oldtanker Member

ozzy, the problem isn't mom being's a retired vet...who believed the hype for many years that isn't happy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

13. oldtanker

oldtanker Member

And don't get me wrong.......

The American people were worth the effort (each and every one) !

The constitution was worth the effort!

The bill of rights were worth the effort!

And all I ask in return for my 20& years, my fathers 31% years and my father in laws" 22 years is to take care of the young soldiers today!

14. Cannonball

Tell him to join Junior ROTC and get a taste of what military life is like.
    If he doesn't like that, he ain't gonna like the Army.

Attached Files:

15. ozzy

ozzy Active Member

yes, i do think we (the government and americans in a whole) needs to do a better job at taking care of the soldiers, current and retired, and even more so the wounded.
  16. rogerw

rogerw Active Member

Rick when you go over to the dark side dont lose site of the light so you can make it back. if you need help I can get a flash light. lol
  17. Renovo PPR

Renovo PPR Just a Farmer

Pay Them!!!!!!!!!!!!
  18. oldtanker

oldtanker Member

Cannonball, JROTC is like boyscout camp designed to lure tham in!

Ozzy, make that any disabled vet!

19. steamhead

steamhead Active Member

Cannonball...That's a great diorama you cooked up...Where did you get those trees..? Sure look real...!!
  20. Maineiac

Maineiac New Model Railroader

If at first you don't succeed, look in the trash for the instructions! :)