And NOW what is it? or my turn to be Nobi

Discussion in 'Aircraft & Aviation' started by shrike, Aug 21, 2004.

1. Ziga

Ziga Member

Richard, you're the man! I didn't do my homework well enough ;-)

2. Gil

Gil Active Member

Not the fighter glider!!!

Shrike, you've exposed yourself as a bozo man..., you're branded for life.

Best regards, Gil

PS Bozo's bumpercar after the wheels fell off does have a kind of ring to it though.
  3. shrike

shrike Guest

We have a Winner!!!!

It's a Tomasevich Pegas (4th prototype)

The Pegas was planned to be a replacement for the venerable Po2 inthe ground attack role. The idea was to us the same K-11 engines and build the simplest (read 'crude')plywood structurepossible with a heavily armoured (yet open) cockpit.
    Armament was varied from a single 12.7mm machine gun up to the N-37 high velocity 37mm cannon depicted. A large selection of bombs and rockets were envisioned as well.
    As it turned out the aircraft had unpleasant flight characteristics and required a highly skilled pilot, who survival would definitely be in question.

The project was deemed a failure after 5 prototypes (no two alike) were built and Gen. Dimitri Tomasevisch was reassinged to handle the production of Po'2s.

4. shrike

shrike Guest

another picture

5. charliec

charliec Active Member

Now that's what I call obscure - great looking model.

It reminds me somehow of Henschel Hs129 crossed with Nakajima Ki115 suicide attacker.

6. shrike

shrike Guest

That pretty much sums it up.
    Mission was the same as the Henschel, built and design quality was on a par with the purpose built Kamikaze.

As soon as I finish some workable instructions It'll show up in Kit Announcements