And now for something competely different...

doctorwayne

And now for something completely different...

sorta. With thanks and/or apologies to Drew, who provided the inspiration. Shortly after the train passed, a heavy rain flood the riverbed. Pictures at 11:00. Or eventually.
100_5513.JPG

Wayne

L

lester perry

I love it. I have a cheap digital camera I need to break ou tto see if I can get that effect.
Les

doctorwayne

Thanks to all for the kind compliments. Lynn, I'm still waiting for the camera, again. I did three water scenes that may or may not photograph too well. If the photos are bad, I may have to redo the scenes. When you walk into the layout room, you'll see one scene right away, near the backdrop. Unfortunately, this is in the area that will eventually have another level of layout built above it, so the height is only about 36". Looking down on the scene isn't the best vantage point as far as realism is concerned. The eye-level view looks okay though, at least to me.
The same situation exists for both of the other scenes also, although with these, the "water" extends right to the front edge of the layout. The fluorescent lighting doesn't make much of a highlight on the surface of these rivers, but I really hope that the camera will show it as "water", since I'm not axious to redo the scenes.
Good or bad, I'll probably post pictures as soon as they're available.

Wayne