An Older Kitbashing Project

Vic

Here's my first HON3 kitbashing project. I did these MDC Overland cars in 1982 when I first got interested in HON3. They were done per Malcome Furlow's HON3 book but I did add "tarpaper" to the car roofs.

Attachments

• all1.jpg
    all1.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 239
Vic,

You made a superb job of those puppies!
I read an article on that but no details of where or how to chop them into HOn3, so my cars are waiting for your instructions !!!!!

I only have one passenger car in HOn3 and that is an E&B Valley kit (gotta be at least 18 yrs old) still waiting for me to assemble it.
It looks so delicate, I'm scared at starting on it. Besides, I like the shorter cars by MDC, they look more in keeping with oldtime narrow gauge.

When can I expect some info from you? ... PLEEEEEEEEEESE

How about scanning the MDC drawings and mark lines where I should do the surgery? Also, I have HOn3 Grandt Line trucks I'd like to use on them, is there anything I should know about mounting them?

hehehe, I'm not finished with you yet!! :D
I never ever had success with proper decals or dry transfer decals. I need you're advice on applying those as well! :cool:

Ok, That's it for now, your homework for a few days!:D :D
I'll keep bugging you till you come up with the gen :D :D

Errol

jon-monon

BTW, Dr. V, What kinda trucks did you use? Are there passenger trucks available for HOn3, or do you have to use freight trucks or modify HO trucks?

I'm still feelin' a little woosey...

jon

Vic

Jon--- They're MDC HON3 passenger trucks. Don't know if they still make them. Haven't seen any in awhile. Grandt Line has execellent HON3 passenger/freight trucks as well as several others. Check the Walthers catalog.