an old roll of film

cn nutbar

hello all---i recently found an old roll of film while cleaning out a drawer---not knowing what to expect,i had it developed---surprise,surprise !!!!!

black008.jpg

black002.jpg

black012.jpg

Biased turkey

Nice pics ( as usual ) cn nutbar.
Ah those good old Kodak brownie cameras. They don't make them like that anymore.
As a kid, I remember using my mom's camera to take "real" B&W shots. I like B&W shots, I'm old and nostalgic :)

doctorwayne

Great find. :thumb: And even better, my crummy monitor shows them in their true colour, unlike those new-fangled colour photos, which all look kinda greenish. :rolleyes:

Wayne

UP SD40-2

nutbar:wave:, NORMALLY, I'm not really into b/w pics:rolleyes:, but THOSE LOOK GREAT!!!:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: the engines, and all the details on them came out VERY CRISP!! NICE JOB!:thumb: :D -Deano

cn nutbar

hello everyone---thanks for your kind responses---actually,i have a confession to make---these photos are not from an old roll of film.i finally got around to reading the manual for my digital camera and discovered a function that allows you to take black and white pictures---rather than bore the readership with the same old colour photos that i usually submit,i tried a new approach with the black and white and tried to be creative by suggesting they were from an old roll of film to give the impression they were taken some time ago---hope you don't mind my attempt at being creative---anyway,here's a couple more shots for your consideration---hope you enjoy

black1024.jpg

black1011.jpg

RailRon

Phew! And I wanted to congratulate you for your BIG luck that your 'old' film still produced pictures with such a snappy b/w contrast! :confused:

I once did a b/w documentation of a sawmill in a neighbor village, but then somehow forgot to develop the two films. About three years later I found them again, developped them right away... And all I got was pictures with a contrast ranging from light gray (where the original was white) to a somewhat darker gray (where the original was black). You just can see what the photograph should show, but all the fine details are lost... :curse: (And of course in the meantime the sawmill was torn down. :( )

Turkey, I also still have an old Kodak Brownie - but to be honest, the fix-focus lenses of these box cameras weren't exactly hi-precision marvels. Instead of a crisp print they produced an uniform blur over the whole picture. But nobody really realized it in these times, because it already was hi-tech to produce YOUR VERY OWN PHOTOGRAPHS!!! (On the other side it is amazing, how many extremely fine details you can see on the glass negative prints of the heavy, box-like 18. century cameras!)

Nutbar - I hope you'll dig in your other drawers, and perhaps you'll find another roll of a long-forgotten film to sahare with us! :D:D:D

Ron

cidchase

Well, I'm gonna go dig out my camera manual!! I always have loved b/w; I hated
color TV until they finally got the colors right!! Remember those green faces and blue
hair? Looked like something you might see at the mall today!! :D :D

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Very nice B&W shots no matter when they were taken or by what camera! I actually like the idea they were long lost though. :)
Ralph

Biased turkey

I knew from the beginning that the shots were taken with a digital camera, but after seeing them the 1st thing I did was to check my Canon Power Shot A530 manual and take a few B&W pics.
There is even a sepia mode.

steamhead

Wonderful pics...!!! Just need a little steam leaking here and there to bring them up to 100% real...!!!:thumb:

I'll go check MY camara manual...(Sepia sounds good...).:D

cn nutbar

hi everyone---i don't know about you,but after a tough day at work,there's nothing more relaxing than escaping into the train room to forget about all the aggrevation of the day (maybe a nice shot of rum and coke also helps)---i've been experimenting with my digital camera---this photo was taken using the SEPIA mode---hope you enjoy,cn nutbar

black4009.jpg