An Odd One at the Old Water Tower

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Oct 15, 2002
Drexel Hill, PA
www.trainweb.org
Went out to the old Water Tower and caught this odd sight rolling down the tracks!

abt.jpg

abu.jpg

abv.jpg

doctorwayne

Sep 6, 2005
Canada, eh?
Odd, perhaps, but still nice. You could've entitled it "Everybody into the pool (train)". Does this mean that this line is going to see some regular passenger service?

Wayne

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Oct 15, 2002
Drexel Hill, PA
www.trainweb.org
Thanks Wayne!

And you are right about everybody in the pool! The RK&M plans on offering regular passenger service. However, due to some poor planning and current fiscal constraints the line is forced to “borrow” what ever happens to be laying around. :eek:ops: :D Eventually some Reading, B&O, and CNJ passenger equipment will be obtained. There may even be a fantasy L&NE passenger train or two! Also rumor has it that the PRR will be operating a train over the RK&M as soon as their newly reserved PA1 and PB1 locos arrive on the property.:)

BTW, Wayne, I’ll be responding to your PM shortly.

Drew1125

Jan 28, 2001
I've always been a fan of "mixed" trains, Tom! ;) :cool:

Another great looking string of equipment you caught down there at the water tower!
:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

MCL_RDG

Dec 8, 2002
S.E.PA.
Visit site
Tom...

...I'm a fan! I have a bit of color in my passenger equipment as well. I usta love standing corridor side watching GG-1s whipping by with "all kinds" of colors dragging behind.

I also like your "walk" by the camera presentation (and taste in roadname choices:D ) .

L

lester perry

I guess I should break out some Amtrak cars I have stashed away to mix with my C&O passenger trains.
Les

steamhead

Apr 16, 2005
Brownsville, TX
Hi,

As always, a great show at that water tower...Maybe next time the last car will roll by and let us catch a glimpse of the WHOLE TOWER!!!
Seriously, you still owe us a "How-To" on taking great photos like that.

Gus (LC&P).

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Oct 15, 2002
Drexel Hill, PA
www.trainweb.org
Thanks everyone for the kind words!

steamhead said:
Hi,

Seriously, you still owe us a "How-To" on taking great photos like that.

Gus (LC&P).

I Know, I know...wall1 wall1
I took some pictures for the picture how to. I just need time to write the darn thing.:D hamr