An interesting walk!

OwenCPR

Dec 23, 2003
Okotoks, Calgary AB Canada
Visit site
So I just got back from a late night walk with my dog (a Samoyed for those who care). I'm fortunate (some locals say unfortunate but they are not interested in railroads, just peace and quiet) to live very close (two blocks) from CPs main line south of Calgary to Lethbridge and the US (the Macleod Sub) so I get to railfan pretty much whenever I like.

Tonight, I heard then saw a freight heading towards Calgary headed by a CP SD90, a UP AC4400 and a CP SD40-2. I thought I was pretty lucky just seeing that ( and the train must of been mostly empty given the speed it was travelling and the length was only about half of the normal 100+ cars that come through).

But what caught my eye was smack bang in the middle of the train was a blue switcher with the marking RPRX 2003. Any idea what this is / where it comes from / where its going? I'm guessing it is bound for the Odgen shops in Calgary (formally CP and now Allstrom) to be converted into a green goat or similar. Would like to confirm!

Thanks

SD90

May 23, 2003
Canada
Visit site
Hey, I saw that locomotive last night at work! I think they were bringing it to Ogden shops. But I saw something even better, 2 BRAND NEW CSX SD70ace's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
They weren't even running, and were sitting down by the fuel racks. I don't know if CP is going to test them, or what. If the are still there today, I'll get some pictures of them. If anyone else knows, please tell!

SD90

May 23, 2003
Canada
Visit site
Here are a few pictures I got today of those CSX SD70ACe's. I couldn't get far enough away from them to get great pictures, but these are ok. They are really cool looking engines!

173.jpg

174.jpg

175.jpg