An Easter Critter and two Cabeese :D

jon-monon

Aug 15, 2002
Cobblers Knob, IN
www.2guyzandsumtrains.com
Yes, I'm almost certain it's a GE. Got the GE lookin' windows (cab) and grill. So, you think it might be a 35 ton? Awefully small, but maybe so. I expected it was smaller, but it's hard to gauge, since these critters are so hard to find around here.

Thanks for the pic and info Jim!

shamus

Registered Member
Dec 17, 2000
UK
Hi Jon,
The cabeese look great, but that loco is excellent as a critter to model. Its not unlike the Bachmann 44 tonne they put out.
Shamus

jon-monon

Aug 15, 2002
Cobblers Knob, IN
Pete, it is still employed by the grain elevator in Brookston. It's usually evasive, and not sitting out in the open like that. This is the first glance I got that I could even tell it was a ceter cab (drive by there fairly frequently). I could sense there was a critter in the bushes.

Shamus, the bachmann is also a GE, but this one is considerably smaller. Have a heck of a time powering it in standard gauge, but n30, would be a cakewalk, just need a small swithcer one scale down :D

jon-monon

Aug 15, 2002
Cobblers Knob, IN
Brian, I have heard there is one up that way, US 231, but this is on Sate Road 43, about 15 miles North of Lafayette (in Lafayette, 43 is AKA North River Road). Coming off I-65, SR 30 crosses 43 in Brookston, and could be a better route (please consult a map). The elivator is on the North end of Brookston, on the right while heading North. I actually had planned on attempting to enter the elevator on the return trip and try to find the ellusive critter. I guess it knew I was comingand came out of hiding :D

The curving road is 43, the tracks run right by the elevator, and there are a lot of trees in between obscuring the view. I would guess they are friendly outside of harvest time.

Attachments

• brookston.jpg
    brookston.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 33