An Apology.

eightyeightfan1

Now I'm AMP'd
Jun 18, 2002
Torrington, Ct.
I have to apologize for my article in "End Of The Line" section of this months E-Mag.
It was presumptuious of me to assume that Americans were the only ones that fought and died to protect our freedoms.
It was brought to my attention that this is an international forum, and that members of this forum do live in other countries and some members did fight to protect what they beleive.
Other countries also have their heros and brave men and women that fought and died protecting themselves from tyranny, and the rights that all other countries hold true.
I should of also included other countries veterans in my article.
For this I'm sorry.

CCT70

Jun 25, 2003
While you're right about other countries patriotism and loyalty when it comes to protecting theirs, I don;t really think anyone that has ever spent any kind of time here would ever accuse you of leaving them out diliberately, merely an honest oversight. A simple mistake, no big deal.

We all still love ya. :thumb:

(now, who wants to join in a big group hug followed by cappachino and a round of "Cumbaya"??) sign1

UP SD40-2

Apr 29, 2006
sorry to go off the topic here:eek:ops: , but i have read about the E mag, how do i get one? :D -Deano

Agamemnon

May 18, 2006
The measure of a man is not how he deals with his successes, but how he deals with his failures. Yours wasn't much of a failure by any stretch of imagination, but you handled it well.

No big deal! We know what you meant!! As a US Navy veteran, living in Canada, I have become an active member of the Royal Canadian Legion. Canadian soldiers are currantly serving and dying in Afganastan and Lebanon as peace keepers.
Nov. 11th. is Rememberance Day here also, and we have wreath laying ceremonies to honour all veterans who have paid the ultimate sacrifice! " Lest We Forget"
David

Tileguy

Apr 28, 2003
Northern Mn
Visit site
The trend of political correctness has everyone dancing on eggshells..........I for one think its ridiculous..........I am quite certain if anybody wanted to write an article for an editorial about there soldiers etc you would allow equal time..........Now if we could just get Canada and the USA to merge and become 1 big happy family, they'd get cheaper gas, and we'd get cheaper Health care :D :D :D

2-8-2

Jan 6, 2005
Delaware, Ohio
www.wn-rr.net
I agree with those who have posted so far...

The politically correct world we live in demands that we apologize for those we have offended, those who may have been offended, and those who we have yet to offend in the future. Then we add an apology for apologizing so much.

Kudos to you for a well-written article, and paying tribute to something you believe in. Yet another for posting this thread!

:thumb:

Cornreaper

Apr 26, 2006
Barrie, ON
Freedom of speech doesn't really mean much if there is an asterisk beside it. Society presents such a double standard in the way it preaches "say what you want....but check with these people, and these people, and these people first, and when you say it, don't use this word, or this word, or this word."

Most people who present an honest opinion do not do so maliciously with intent to offend, and even if they do, it is simply their opinion and we should all have the self-confidence to deal with it for what it is.....someone else's words that have no bearing on our own thoughts.

Sticks and stones.......

I'm going to stop no before I get all political!

TRAINS! TRAINS! TRAINS!