An-225 Mriya

Discussion in 'Dream Kits & Wish Lists' started by ButchPrice, Apr 5, 2004.

1. ButchPrice

ButchPrice Member

Man-oman this is a MONSTER! This aircraft would
    make an awesome kit. The biggest thing since the
    "Spruce Goose".
    This is a GIGANTIC Rusian (Ukrainian actually now)
    freight hauler.
    Check it out at: An-225 Mriya.htm

Notice the "CLOSE" resemblance of the Russian Space Shuttle
    to our own. Hmmm....

Methinks NASA has some security issues.
  2. Gil

Gil Active Member

Time for you to start your first design..., I'd start with the wheels...,

Best regards, Gil
  3. NOBI

NOBI Active Member

Hi There,

What a big bird

Wingspan 290 Ft mean 263 cm in 1/33 scale
    Length 275 ft mean 250 cm in 1/33 scale

who want to design let's me know, i will help ;)
  4. rkelterer

rkelterer Member

I volunteer to build the 1:250 version :lol:

5. Horus

Horus Member

I'll do the wings and engines.
    (It'll be Just like airbus!)
  6. ButchPrice

ButchPrice Member

No skills : )

Would be an awesome model, but way beyond my limited
    skill set. I have yet to make the "First" model of my own.
    (Well the outboard, but it is neither detailed or accurate, and
    scale? LOL , I scale all day as a draftsman, so I am
    really not too concerned with anything but "visual relativity"
    for the moment.) :wink:

Hopefully one of the many skilled builders will see the potential
    in this bird. I will volunteer to test build for anyone who
    takes this one on. (Presents Card Modeling "Rookie" card)
    But I am not an advanced builder. Many years in plastics,
    newly revisiting card.
  7. Gil

Gil Active Member

Good Day All,

I'm still collecting information on the Lockheed C-5B and have actually considered the An-225. I've tried to find the right people to talk to at Lockheed, as far as a release is concerned, with absolutely zip results...,

The Hughes Flying Boat is tightly controlled by the organization that now owns it in Oregon and want royalties paid for any pretender to its likeness. The Goose was built under Government contract however and so, in some ways, is public property excepting the referrence to anything pertaining to Hughes. Just calling it the "Spruce Goose" is most likely a copyright violation (Howard hated that name). The name is not legally owned by the Corporation now in pocession as the term was invented by the press. What is at issue is using "Spruce Goose" AND the actual airplane in referrence violates their copyright. See how logical this stuff is?

I wonder how touchy the Russians are over this? It would be interesting culturally to find out. Might be that designing modern Russian aircraft is much easier than going up against modern corporate legal departments struggling to prove their worth by rendering card model designers absolutely senseless through the power of denial. No wonder Horus works on aviation archaeology projects only..., He's actually treading dangerous ground as he used the name "Sikorsky" in referrence to his latest design. RIP Horus, alas I once knew you...,

Best regards, Gil

P.S. I have already started the C5 design and have collected enough information on the HFB to begin. Seems a pity to do a one-time, one build design due to the lack of a release.
  8. wunwinglow

wunwinglow Active Member

Have a look at my mate Ken Duffeys site

If you want to know anything about Russian aircraft, Kens your man. I'll be seeing him later in the week at our model club, if anyone has any questions, or e-mail him directly via the link on his site.

9. ripper

ripper Member

What about B-36?

That is my dream model... The B-36D Peacemaker in a 1/33. I have no idea, where could I put such a moster, but I like that plane so much...
    Or XB-70 Valkyre... But it is a same story, isnt it?
    However, would anyone construct such a plane, I am only too eager to participate on construction/testing...
  10. gchucky

gchucky Member

If not Spruce Goose how about the government designation, HK-1? I have a book about this bird. I have to did it out to refresh my memory on what it covers. I know it did not have much on view drawings but does have a lot of pics.

11. Gil

Gil Active Member

I have copies of some of the original drawings (complete with cigarette burns). It's original designation was the Hughes- Kaiser 1. Henry J. Kaiser orginally joined with Hughes on the project but soon backed out.

An interesting aside is that the aircraft was covered with a layers of doped paper as part of the finish making it a great candidate for a card model.

Best regards, Gil
  12. gman95687

gman95687 Member

How about an Antonov An-225 in 1/72 scale. I know of one that has been built