Amusing beer ad

Discussion in 'Zealot Archives' started by SCEtoAux, Jun 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SCEtoAux

SCEtoAux Member

Kind of neat for a commercial. :)

Beer Ad
  2. charliec

charliec Active Member

It strikes the locals (Ozzies) as a bit odd that it's an ad for Australian beer made in the South Island of New Zealand. We've had a break out of big production beer ads here in the last couple of years - after the Toohey's beer ads with
    trebuchets ( one wonders what they are going to try next.

3. bfam4t6

bfam4t6 Member

that was really cool. I'm not 21 so it wont sell me any beer....but it was a cool BIG ad.
  4. wunwinglow

wunwinglow Active Member

Being a whinging pom, I didn't get the catapult ad, brilliantly made though it was. Maybe you have to be drunk to understand it....

The BIG ad was great though!

Anyone remember the cigar ad with the baldy man trying to take his picture in a photo booth? My favourite of all time....

Tim P
  5. charliec

charliec Active Member

I guess you have to be Australian.....

The point of the ad was that a city could love beer so much they were prepared to attempt to "seed" a cloud with malt, sugar, yeast and hops to make it rain beer. The toss the stag scene is a direct reference to the Toohey's emblem. There was an accompanying billboard campaign showing scenes from the TV commercial with the line "for the love of". I must confess I thought the billboards were promoting some sort of religious group till I saw the TV commercial. The ad is very cleverly constructed - there are all sorts of Australian cultural references in it.

6. Gil

Gil Active Member

A Draught Also Helps add to the Draft ad...,

It's beer Tim, not ale. The draught and cloud seeding is pure advertising genius at it's best.

7. wunwinglow

wunwinglow Active Member

OOOoooookay. If you lot say so......

Maybe it they were hitting some 'clouds', rather than some 'skyscrapers', I might have made the link.

Clearly not only a whinging pom, but a stupid one too.

Back to my warm beer; who cares, Beckham scored and we are through to the next round!

8. Rick Thomson

Rick Thomson Member

He did a nice technicolour yawn as well... ;-)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.