Amtrak Train Hit

Discussion in 'The Real Thing- North America' started by slekjr, Jul 7, 2008.

1. slekjr

slekjr Member

Another driver runs around the gates and hits a train, 5 people hurt, but no charges are likely to be filed.
    We spend millions of dollars a year trying to make crossings safe yet when drivers do stupid things they don't get a citation.
    If the crossing laws were enforced we wouldn't need gates or anything else.
    Just dig a little deeper into the tax payers pockets for more crossing protection for people to disobey.
    Maybe we should just outlaw trains.

2. ezdays

ezdays Out AZ way

I guess I'm at a loss too. I don't know when they changed the laws so that bypassing a crossing gate wasn't illegal anymore.
  3. steamhead

steamhead Active Member

Must be a Caleeforniiaahhhhh thing....
    The guy should be in the slammer....
  4. jesso

jesso Member

I will never understand why people can't wait a few minutes, sometimes only a few seconds. I was told someone went around the crossing gates on the FrontRunner line, fortunately nothing was hit. But please!? a FrontRunner train is an engine and maybe three cars long. You really can't wait that long?
    If you suceed, you save maybe a couple of minutes, if you fail, hours and hours and possibly lives are lost, that is not a very good gamble.
    I can't believe that the guy hitting the Amtrak train is not even being sited. They did an operation lifesaver in Cedar City and gave out several very expensive tickets.