Amtrak Cascades

Discussion in 'HO Scale Model Trains' started by myltlpny, Feb 20, 2007.

1. darkcurves

darkcurves Member

Nice, that's a long train.
  2. MadHatter

MadHatter Charging at full tilt.

Wow, they look like dinky toys next to the loco!! Thanx 4 the pics!
  3. Hey, "dinky" is MY word! sign1

That's about the right size, now just slap the batwings on them and paint them and you're good to go!
  4. darkcurves

darkcurves Member

Do they sell the bat wing coaches too? Would be cool if there is any.
  5. myltlpny

myltlpny Member

Nope, wish they did. Although, if I can get the molds made I may offer them for sale in resin. My plan is to cast them in resin so I can just stick them on the roof of the car. Paint is no problem, and it's looking like I may have to get the decals made. A friend of mine is a custom painter and is buddy-buddy with Microscale.
  6. ocalicreek

ocalicreek Member

I remember walking through a Cascades train 'set' back in Fullerton, CA at the RR Days there. At that time (2001?) they were considering a talgo set run between LA and Vegas to compete with the road and air shuttle traffic. Nothing has ever materialized since, however.

Now I live in the NW in Kelso, WA, where I occasionally see a Cascades set in service. It does make a nice looking train which I hope to ride eventually, perhaps up to Seattle and back. I'd love to model one, but it'd be chasing its tail around the little loop I'm building now so I'd need to join a local club to have a place to run it.

I think I remember seeing a talgo set running on a layout at the wgh show in Portland weekend before last. It was in Cascades livery, but I didn't pay that much son must have wanted to look at something else...or some other distraction kept me from it. I'll have to see if I got a picture of it.
  7. PnP Hobbies

PnP Hobbies Member

Good afternoon

I am doing the same thing as you but only in N-Scale. If you can email me off-site and I can get you his information. I know he prints with an ALPS printer. I am sure he can do HO scale.

Paul P
  8. myltlpny

myltlpny Member

Thanks Paul. E-mail's away!:thumb:
  9. PnP Hobbies

PnP Hobbies Member

I am curoius. I know you did yours in a larger scale than mine but what did you use for the wings on the "Power & Baggage cars"
  10. myltlpny

myltlpny Member

Working on that. My idea is to carve and shape a plug from balsa, then seal and detail it. When that fits well, I'll make a mould and cast the batwings from resin.
    What's your idea?
  11. PnP Hobbies

PnP Hobbies Member

I am on the same thoughts as you.