AMT 1:2500th Enterprise D from TNG

Discussion in 'Plastic' started by micahrogers, Mar 16, 2014.

1. micahrogers

micahrogers Active Member

Thanks... now I need to start thinking about a base for it.
  2. RocketmanTan

RocketmanTan Well-Known Member

Whoa, that looks great! I built the Enterprise D from that series, and mine looks like a toy in comparison! :D
  3. micahrogers

and I got the base layer decals on the underside of the primary hull.
  4. micahrogers

Okay, last update of my 1:2500th E-D for today. I got the bottom of the primary hull decaled, 12 here.

Then I got the top layer decals applied to the upper saucer, 3 here 20140416_213249.jpg

and on the underside, 2 here plus the four round the edge to represent the thrusters.
    For those counting that's 88 decals in all on a ship less than 12 inches long and seven inches wide.

Next will be flat coat, detail painting for the impulse engines and a base.
  5. Rhaven Blaack

Rhaven Blaack ADMINISTRATOR Administrator

This project is really coming together BEAUTIFULLY!!!
  6. bgt01

bgt01 Exemplary Confidant

That's awesome! She looks like a studio miniature.

As far as an easy base, you could go to and download some pics from their image gallery that would make a nice background or base pic. They have incredible pics at hi rez. I've got a ton I use for my Photoshop pics.
  7. micahrogers

Thanks guys :)...
    My first update for today, Dull coat applied to upper and lower surfaces of the saucer section.

Attached Files:

bgt01, Revell-Fan and Rhaven Blaack like this.
  8. micahrogers

second update for today, I've got the impulse engines "lit up",
    and added all the marker lights in the same way.

then I assembled the saucer to the secondary hull and am waiting for the glue to dry.
    bgt01, Revell-Fan and Rhaven Blaack like this.
  9. micahrogers

And another update on my E-D, I got the mounting rod attached,

Now I have to put this one on hold until I figure the base out

20140417_173652.jpg 20140417_173753.jpg

and next on my workbench is something a little lighter, to make my wife happy :)

The mystery machine.
  10. Revell-Fan

Revell-Fan Co-Administrator Administrator

Making your wife is very important! :) Great job! Fantastic model! (Too bad the saucer section is permanently attached..! ;-) )
  11. micahrogers

I know, with it being permanent it rules out all sorts of kit bashes....

And I got a cheap pack of wood plaques from Hobby Lobby and now I have a base
  12. Revell-Fan

To boldly go... ! :)
  13. pittpenguin123

pittpenguin123 New Member

wow this looks amazing
  14. zathros

zathros -----SENIOR---- Administrator

12" Inches long and 7" inches wide!!! Wow, That is really small. It looks so much bigger! (I've heard that line before!) :)
  15. Bill Nelson

Bill Nelson Well-Known Member

Nice decal work, it has been so long since I have done much decaling I swear I'd mess that up.
  16. zathros

zathros -----SENIOR---- Administrator

Decals was one reason I gave up on plastic models. Things have changed with replaceable and oft time better decals available. There is nothing worse than having a decal rip after you have done everything properly, yet it rips, or won't adhere to the model. It can be quite aggravating. Seeing something so well done like this is inspiring. ;)
  17. micahrogers

Thanks Z :D

Decals are the downfall of many modelers, I myself have had some Epic failures with decals. The Mirage I'm working on now has some "Decal Malfunctions" that I'll try to point out when I get the pics posted...
  18. Revell-Fan

I vividly remember building my Revell SR-71 Blackbird back in the 1980s. It featured VERY long and thin red stripes which I had to cut into sections in order to apply them properly. And even this did not prevent them from sticking where they didn't belong! :D
  19. smchristopher

smchristopher 87.3% nerd

You've done some amazing work. I have all of the 1:2500 scale kits and I've been too intimidated to build any of the bigger ones yet. You have given me some inspiration!
    micahrogers likes this.
  20. micahrogers

hopefully one my move is complete I'll be able to do some more work... as for feeling intimidated by them, all I can say is, dig into 'em... if you don't think you're good enough, then chose one that's a challenge and do your best... Like me doing the Kit Bash on the Star Wars AT-ST... pushing my skill set out to the limits. That's how we learn.

Again, thanks for the comments.
    DanBKing likes this.