Amoung The Worst Sounds You Will Ever Hear

YESTERDAY WHILE WORKING ON MY RAILROAD, I ACCIDENTALLY BUMPED MY ATHEARN CHALLENGER 4-6-6-4 WITH MY ELBOW, AND LOW AND BEHOLD, IT TUMBLED 4 FEET TO THE CEMENT BASEMENT FLOOR, (CRASH, BOOM, BANG.) IT IS NOW IN MANY SMALL PIECES. wall1 I PICKED UP THE LARGE CHUNKS AND PUT THEM ON THE TRACK, HOPPING AGAINST HOPE, BUT TO NO AVAIL, ALASS NO SOUND, NO MOVEMENT. YES, IT WAS DUE TO MY OWN FOOLISH CARELESSNESS, BUT SAD NEVER THE LESS. "THERE IS NOTHING MUCH SADDER THAN AN OLD MAN WITHOUT SOMETHING TO TOOT". MY BEAUTIFUL BRIDE OF NEARLY 40 YEARS SAID SHE WOULD BE HAPPY TO COME DOWNSTAIRS AND "HUFF, PUFF AND TOOT FOR ME," BUT IT'S JUST NOT THE SAME :cry: IT DID COME WITH A COMPLETE PARTS LIST AND CHART, BUT THE SCREWS ARE SO TINY, I COULDN'T POSSIBLY ATTEMPT TO WORK ON IT, OH WELL, I EXPECT IT WILL BE LISTED ON E-BAY SOON SOLD IN PARTS "AS IS" THE MORAL OF THE STORY IS: "NEVER, NEVER LEAVE YOUR MOTIVE POWER WITHIN 6 FEET OF YOUR ELBOWS."

Duane :eek:ops:

TrainNut

Ditat Deus
Wow, that's a heart wrenching story!:eek: What if you were to call Athearn and see what they would charge to "fix it?" Might take a while but it also might not cost as much as you might think.

jbaakko

2nd worst. Behind learning of a close friend/family member's death.

Very depressing when you damage a unit though. Toss her in box and mail her my way, if nothing major is damaged, I suspect I can fix her to at least display condition.

KentBy

GN, NP, SP&S
Duane, sorry to hear of you loss.

MY BEAUTIFUL BRIDE OF NEARLY 40 YEARS SAID SHE WOULD BE HAPPY TO COME DOWNSTAIRS AND "HUFF, PUFF AND TOOT FOR ME," BUT IT'S JUST NOT THE SAME :cry:
Duane :eek:ops:

I know it is not the same, but when my wife is "Huffing and Puffing" it sure does cheer me up.:twisted:

Kent

screen

Worse then nails on a blackboard but that is the best way I can describe the moment of impact. As one poster said, mail it to him, it's worth it!

brakie

The worst sound to me is the scream of a brass engine heading for the big catch-wait! That's the scream of the owner!