Amongst the weeds an old gem or two

NSCALEMIKE

Dec 5, 2001
Henderson, NV
Visit site
Caught these two old US military cars, the first one, a former SAC (Strategic Air Command) missle testing car
IMG_1122.JPG

The second one an old US Army 40' boxcar, with a builders date of 1943.
Both taken last year out at Tooele Army Depot, Tooele, UT.

IMG_1118.JPG

NSCALEMIKE

Dec 5, 2001
Henderson, NV
Visit site
Yes Brian, sorta...the 20D has a built-in filter system (Red, Yellow, Green etc) if you shoot directly in B&W,which I did. I used red for these. I still love to shoot in B&W, a throwback to my Tri-X days! 25yrs ago!! LOL

MilesWestern

Sep 20, 2005
CA
protopaintwest.googlepages.com
:eek: WOW!!! That's W O N D E R F U L PHOTOGRAPHY, nscalemike!!!! You should see in TRAINS, or RALFAN&Railroad wiould publiush them inb their magazines. I like the noght photography you shot too, in tha other thread too, Fantastic. :thumb:

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Jun 18, 2002
St. Paul, MN
Visit site
Dramatic shots Mike! Nice choice of subjects too. That passenger car in the first picture sure looks forlorn out there in the middle of nowhere. By missle testing car, do you mean it was used as an observation post during tests or was it intended as a target?
Ralph

NSES44DC

Jun 24, 2006
Amherst Ohio
Ralph..if its for intended targets..then those missles sure suck cause it looks like its still in one heck of a piece! LOL!!! I think they used them for testing and launching if im not mistaken. Good question though. I just had to say something sarcastic and get it outta my system! hehe!

NSCALEMIKE

Dec 5, 2001
Henderson, NV
Visit site
NSES44DC said:
Ralph..if its for intended targets..then those missles sure suck cause it looks like its still in one heck of a piece! LOL!!! I think they used them for testing and launching if im not mistaken. Good question though. I just had to say something sarcastic and get it outta my system! hehe!

Good one Jeff!

Here is a better view of its emblem from the side

IMG_1124.JPG