American Challenge

Discussion in 'Dream Kits & Wish Lists' started by rickstef, Jun 29, 2006.

1. rickstef

rickstef Guest

Hi all,

Sometime this summer Russ Wicks will try to break the current water craft speed record of 317mph, he is claiming 400 mph

I thought for some of the boat boys here, this might be a nice subject to model

2. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

We never lack for idiots over here do we?

400 mph on water, if it comes un-stuck at that speed..................:cry:

GEEDUBBYA Active Member

Howdy Guys,

4oo mph on water?:nope: none for me please, heck, I dont like 30 mph on water which is why I dont water ski.....the thought of becoming a human crankbait dredging up mud from the bottom of a lake at 30 mph just isnt my idea of fun.

Have a good day, :)

Greg aka GW
  4. cygielski

cygielski Member

I don't really see the point of staying on the water at that speed, just as I didn't see it in setting a land speed record when airplanes already went MUCH faster. I mean your average airliner goes twice as fast as this thing.
  5. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

I think it's pretty much beyond a boat and more of a plane... Which should eliminate it from the water speed record.
  6. swiftsword

swiftsword Member

Somewhere I heard that at that speed the only thing still in the water is the propulsion unit. The boat itself is flying.

Not sure if that's true... maybe some of the hydrofoil experts let us have their learned opinion :D

7. modelincard

modelincard Member

It would be cool if there was a model of this. :twisted: