Discussion in 'Zealot Archives' started by possm_23, May 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. possm_23

possm_23 Member

The senate passed the immigration reform bill yesterday........but the last thing they did before it was voted on was to add a clause that states" ...before the Unitesd States can do any thing to the securing of the border between the U.S. and Mexico.......the U.S. has to get it ok'd with the Mexican Government....i am sorry if this not appropriatwe for this forum...if so....i apoligize....just thought any Americans here might want to know:mad:
  2. bigtom

bigtom Member

IMHO It is totally wrong for this forum.
  3. cmdrted

cmdrted Active Member

You mean we need permission from the Oppresive Mexican gov't that hasn't done anything from thier side except increase the conditions that force these people from thier homes, risking all to get to out and overrun our resources to absorb them in a productive manner? I'm all for being the guiding light that welcomes the huddled masses yearning to be free, but my issue with these folks is this; if conditions in thier homelands were so awful that they had to leave to start anew in our land of oppurtunity, why are they trying so hard to make it just like the godforsaken land they left? It wasn't good there that's why you left, please don't force your culture, woes and language on me in this country. Sometimes I think if they tried as hard correcting the conditions in thier own countries as they do to change our laws to accomodate them here then they wouldn't have to leave.
  4. dolphinops

dolphinops New Member

Welcome to life in the UK :grin:
  5. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

Immigration is a very hard subject to nail down.............. I don't know of any other country that will allow who ever can cross the border to have all the rights and privileges of that country.

Legal immigration is a different process. Yes it involves steps and procedures, Yes you may not meet the selection criteria, Yes you must do certain things(learn the language, history etc), AND The United States of America has a process and allows people to legally immigrate. People do it all the time!

The problem I have is illegal immigration, and once here illegally telling everyone that is a citizen of that country that "You need to change the law to allow this illegal process. Or else face the consequences"

Try sneaking into ANY other country and see how you fair.

Were not people in an African country trying to get across a border so they could illegally immigrate to SPAIN? Were not some of the people killed by border guards?

Britain does it, so do France, Spain, Russia, Cuba, Venezuela, Brazil, China, Japan, ALL Countries..... it is no different for the USA.

That's the way I feel.

And if you can't post a message like that in this forum, What is it here for?

6. Rick Thomson

Rick Thomson Member

Dunno John,

I cross swords in a lot of forums on political things, I line to come here and to a few other sites knowing that it won't raise it's ugly head.

Just my thoughts on it.

7. Gil

Gil Active Member

An Interesting Book to Reflect on the Subject...,

Hi All,

An interesting book to read is Jared Diamonds, "Collapse". It will provide you with an interesting an much better informed opinion of what's really happening to us on the planet Earth...,

8. thewoodengraver

thewoodengraver Active Member

I live on planet Earth and right now I am building a Card Model. The M.T.B. 102 from Micromodels, just burnin' a couple O minutes while parts dry. I will post pics as soon as I am done.
    THAT is MY opinion...:grin:
  9. possm_23

possm_23 Member

i wasnt trying to start a debate...just stated a fact....:-D
  10. wunwinglow

wunwinglow Active Member

People, that's the problem. Get rid of the people, all these issues go away. Don't worry, another few degrees C of the average atmospheric temperature and all our petty little squabbles will seem as nothing.... Cockroaches, scorpions and tumbleweed will inherite the earth!

Tim P ( In the UK)
  11. Gil

Gil Active Member

Collapse is a book about how societies fail and ultimately collapse. The author covers a collection of ancient societies and their collapse leading the reader into the current era and covers such issues as transhumance.

There is an old saying that goes something like this; "Live long enough and you get to see everything twice. Live really long and you get the the thrill of seeing it thrice."..., Gee, I can hardly wait...,

12. -Jim G

-Jim G Member

That is why the typical American is happy that we don't commonly use the metric system... A few degrees C will wipe out the rest of the world, but here in the USA we won't be affected because we don't use degrees C!

-Jim G (I have my head hidden below the sand)
  13. Willja67

Willja67 Member

Once you start making exceptions and allowing laws to be broken without consequence you're well on your way to caos. Something's gotta change and I definately have strong opinions about it but in keeping with the theme of this forum I'll relate that issue with my first sentence and say that we oughta make sure we don't violate our own rules or this place we all love will cease to exist.
  14. David H

David H Member

From illegal immigration to environmental catastrophe this is a great thread!

What are we going to do about it?

I am ditching my petrol-guzzling car for something more frugal. Mostly to bolster my wallet but I have a sneaking sanctimonious glee that I will be “greener:” than the next guy in the morning traffic. I am not 100% happy about it but needs must.

If immigration is driven by greed then we need to spread the wealth around. If immigration is driven by oppression then we need to spread tolerance around.

Oh boy we are in a world of trouble!

I better get back to the FG Buff!
  15. wunwinglow

wunwinglow Active Member

Imagine what it would be like if we did ACTUALLY solve all the problems. And now try and work out what we would have to do to solve all the problems. Hint..... Politicians? Who needs 'em!!! Anyone care to add to the list?

(Ducks back under rock with friendly scorpion and cockroach, pulling tumbleweed over for cover....)

Tim P
  16. Willja67

Willja67 Member

Maybe we ought to change the name of the thread to How to Save the World!, but I agree that getting rid of the politicians would be a good first step, and I'll volunteer the scorpions and tumbleweeds that live around here ( I actually do live in the desert) to go drive em out.
  17. possm_23

possm_23 Member

if they all would just start card modeling....what a great world this would
  18. possm_23

possm_23 Member

by the way..i loove the metric system........:twisted:
  19. George

George Member

A Q?

I have a question regarding this bill. What will happend to all the illegales
    already in the US??? Will they be sent back or...?

What I have understood from the news here in Sweden, and also from friends
    and relatives in both California and Texas, a lot of the more basic and simple
    work is today performed by these immigrants. The situation in Sweden is a lot the same...the legal immigrants (both normal immigrants and refuges) and some 25000-50000 illegal immigrants are performing jobs that Swedes normally don't even apply for. That is even if they have been unemployed for long times.

And I agree with several of the other people here...why have "A biches and gripes" section if not to be used. Card modeling is the reason that we are here but it's a big world outside...and it's very nice to have so many cultures and nationalities "close by" so to say. Then it's up to us to keep discussions on a good level.
  20. rickstef

rickstef Guest

for the millions of illegals here in the US already, part of the law reads that they must apply for immigrant or resident status, within a few years.

they will have to pay taxes, some already do, but most do not.

we will see what will happen.

as for the *****es and Gripes section, it is there for frustrations, like this one, I on more than one occassion have written something, to get it off my chest, because i knew that there might be another member going through or having experienced what I wrote about.

Like it has been said on many different lists/sites/places if the subject doesn't interest you, then don't read it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.