America vs sweden :P

Vic

Funny Things To Eat With Funny Names

We have 'sumpin here very similar to Beaver Tails but they call them Elephant Ears. The usual topping is melted butter and cinammon sugar. They are about the size of a large pizza.:eek: :D

Another thing around here is called an "Ugly".....Its left over batter from making doughnuts....they pour a ladle full of the batter in the burnt grease and fry them up. They come out looking like a piece of a melted tire...usually topped with sugar glaze or powdered sugar. Very good!!!:eek: :D

F

Fred_M

But the best are apple fritters. Our local chineese restrants serve something like a swedish meatball that's great. DASH

RailRon

Just a word of caution to the Americans!

Since traditionally Americans tend to confuse

SWEDEN with SWITZERLAND

I'd like you to doublecheck which country you want to go after with your mooclear warheads.

If you should attack Switzerland, we would not hesitate to shoot back with Swiss Cheese. And yes, we have mass destruction weapons, too: We exchange the holes in the cheese with Black Holes - which could lead to the total disapperance of the USA from this globe.

And now I'm asking you: Where should we lovers of American RRs go, when all this disappeared? :confused: And to think of a a world without The Gauge :eek: :eek: :eek: - shudder!!! :cry:

Hehehe, I'd prefer a round table with Americans, Canadians, Swedes and Swiss with a big cheese fondue at an IKEA table. (And yes, all you other Europeans, Africans and Aussies etc. would be welcome, too. :D)

Ron

roryglasgow

Sweden and Switzerland are TWO SEPARATE COUNTRIES?!?!??

Well, that explains a lot... Now I know why I kept getting funny looks the other day at the grocery store when I was trying to order Swedish Cheese and Swiss Meatballs!

Seriously, though, I think you Swiss are trying to pull a fast one with that cheese business... I don't think we're getting what we're paying for. Afterall, it's full of holes!

F

Fred_M

Originally posted by spitfire
Just ordered my Ikea Spider Hole today - it's called "Boris". Going to start assembling it just as soon as the ground thaws a little. Then let the US Army do their worst - they'll never find me!!!!!

Val
There is no Ikea stores in our area, so would you see if they sell post holes for me? All the stores around here look at me funny when I ask. I need about 50 and don't want to have to make them myself. FRED

ezdays

Out AZ way
Originally posted by dash10
There is no Ikea stores in our area, so would you see if they sell post holes for me? All the stores around here look at me funny when I ask. I need about 50 and don't want to have to make them myself. FRED
It's my understanding that IKEA does have post holes, but like most of their products, they do require some assembly. They include an assembly tool in the kit, a shovel.:rolleyes: The kit is universal and adaptable to any size post hole.:D :D

Mike R

Folks....in reality, if no one ever attacked Sweden for unleashing Abba on the world....IKEA likely isn't enough reason either.

Rather than IKEA, you Toronto-area folks will no doubt be more likely to try something more unique and exclusive .......from "IDOMO"....if only to check out that owner's "ZZ Top" beard.

...and each post hole is one-of-a-kind ?

regards
Mike
...and if many Americans confuse Sweden with Switzerland, not to worry.....we all know Idaho and New Hampshire are wha's happenin' [ geographically speaking].:eek:

F

Fred_M

Originally posted by ezdays
It's my understanding that IKEA does have post holes, but like most of their products, they do require some assembly. They include an assembly tool in the kit, a shovel.:rolleyes: The kit is universal and adaptable to any size post hole.:D :D
Yeah, but I don't want a kit hole, I want a RTR hole. FRED

ezdays

Out AZ way
Originally posted by dash10
Yeah, but I don't want a kit hole, I want a RTR hole. FRED
Fred,

Get real, RTR holes are hard to come by in this day and age since they represent a liability to the seller. IKEA has the post hole kit, Wal-Mart sells condensed holes where all you do is add air and mix, then bury it where you need to; and Home Depot and Loews both sell adjustable DYI holes in their garden dept. where one size fits all. Your best bet is to go find a big hole somewhere, bring it back to where you're working and break it up into 50 smaller, more useable chunks.:eek: :eek:

Mike R

Originally posted by Bill Stone
Idaho?
I'm told nothing ever happens in Idaho.
BillS

You're the winner, Bill... but I knew someone would grab my use of "Idaho" instead of "Iowa" even faster than mixing up Sweden & Switzerland. Go figure !....:sleeping:

As for 'nothing' happens in Idaho...POTATOES happen !:D
Mike

spitfire

Originally posted by Mike R

Rather than IKEA, you Toronto-area folks will no doubt be more likely to try something more unique and exclusive .......from "IDOMO"....if only to check out that owner's "ZZ Top" beard.

That guy is freaky!!! You should see his television ads!

Val

Mike R

Originally posted by spitfire

That guy is freaky!!! You should see his television ads!
Val

We do see his ads! On CKVR Barrie TV....
That's how I know.
He was more freaky than usual when he got "sewage-flooded" during that World Youth conference. No time to build an ark out of those furnishings either.:(
regards,
Mike

Anachron

I think you guys have forgotten one of the most marcable things about sweden
its that polarbears walks on our streets in the middle of stockholm!
Bryan Adams have made an very serious and deep study of sweden/stockholm to find out whats really going on here...

It seems to me that you people are getting too far afield from the original subject of this thread.

The real question here is whether we should bomb Sweden.....

Personally I would be in favor of invading rather than bombing. That way we could save more of those knock-down-gorgeous Swedish ladies. (One hesitates to believe in myths and generalities, but I have to say --- having misspent a bit of my youth there --- that if you went to every major city in the world, stood on a street corner, and counted the breathtakingly beautiful women that passed you by, Stockholm would win the contest by a landslide.) So, if Sweden persists in whatever it is they are doing, we should first drop leaflets offering Swedes of the feminine persuasion full amnesty, and inviting them to move here before we exercise our inalienable right to attack anyone who possibly doesn’t butter their toast in exactly the way we think they should.

Being a giving person of benevolent mind, I would be happy to offer lodging to a few of the unfortunate escapees.....

BillS

roryglasgow

...we exercise our inalienable right to attack anyone who possibly doesn’t butter their toast in exactly the way we think they should.

They don't butter their toast like we do??!?!?? Does the list of Swedish atrocities never end??!????

Mike R

Originally posted by roryglasgow

Does the list of Swedish atrocities never end??!????

.....Not yet, if their secret financing of the Kucinich campaign counts as an atrocity, also.....:eek:
regards
Mike:D

F

Fred_M

It seems to me that you people are getting too far afield from the original subject of this thread.

The real question here is whether we should bomb Sweden.....

BillS
Sorry Bill, but it took us 12 years to decide on Saddam,so can we let this thread run for a least a week more. This is a grave and serious matter that requires us to be prudent. FRED