America vs sweden :P

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by Anachron, Jan 22, 2004.

1. Anachron

Anachron Member

are u guys crazy?

2. Fred_M

Fred_M Guest

I’m shocked and appalled, but the numbers don’t lie. So I guess 78% of us must be crazy. But don’t get your hopes up, first we have to liberate Canada for their preemptive attack with cow bombs carrying prion warheads. DASH
  3. ezdays

ezdays Out AZ way

Charlie did it

Wow!!! One should always believe eveyrthing they see in print, after all, why would anyone use the media to lie to us? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: However, I had to read this four or five times before I was convinced that it is true.:eek: :eek: This tells me that (a) the US government is very good at keeping the embargo a secret and (b) there are some 22% of us Americans that are really keeping their mouths shut to everyone but Widgery & Associates :D :D I wonder if our government is not telling us about the blockade as well.:wave: :wave:

Uhh, Charlie, you didn't by any chance have a hand in typing that news story did you?.:oops: :oops:

4. Vic

Vic Active Member

Methinks:D That perhaps that we should believe something from a Micheal Moore TV show then circumstances dictate that we should just go ahead and "nuke" Sweden:D :D :D :D :D ....with cows from Canada:D :D :D :D
  5. Bill Stone

Bill Stone Member

Incredible! I had to check out Widgery & Associates. These were apparently legit polls, but taken as part of a humor TV show.

One of their results I loved was: “34% of those who voted in the last election believe ‘Forrest Gump’ was a documentary.” (Boy that sure gives one confidence about the future of democracy!)

I guess this doesn’t really surprise me. I mingle with a relatively well educated crowd, and I believe that at least 20% haven’t a clue that Austria and Australia are distinct (and hardly obscure) places on very different sides of the planet.

6. MasonJar

MasonJar It's not rocket surgery

Which came first though... Widgery & Associates, or Rick Mercer's "Talking to Americans"?

7. cidchase

cidchase Active Member

I gotta admit, you made me go look this up
    :confused: :confused: :p

Not being familiar with Widgery & Associates,
    I was at a disadvantage :D :D

The Gauge can certainly be educational!!!
  8. Mike R

Mike R Member

Hi America !
    Canada here.
    We're just as harmless as Sweden, except for having more time zones and snow.

We're sorry we sent that Mad Cow down there.
    Really sorry.
    But you guys maybe shouldn't have signed her to a 3-year Vegas deal, either.:wave:

"I Drove all Night.:cool:
  9. roryglasgow

roryglasgow Active Member

I would be in favor of limited military attacks against Sweden if we had conclusive proof that they were hiding Weapons of Mass Destruction. Satellite photos have observed lots of trucks delivering supplies to IKEA stores all over the globe. I think they're preparing for a global invasion!

And I have PROOF that Canada is bent on world domination, or at least I did. There used to be a site ( that laid out the general plan for Canada to conquer the world. I'm sure they're still thinkin' about it. I can see it in their eyes... :cool:
  10. MasonJar

MasonJar It's not rocket surgery

I read somewhere (maybe the Globe and Mail) the other day that between Celine and the Cirque du Soleil, Canadians take 3 oout of every 4 entertainment dollars spent in Las Vegas... :D

11. Fred_M

Fred_M Guest

Attached Files:

12. Lightbender

Lightbender Member

Hello Rory,
    That bloody awful furniture IS the WMD. Have you seen what happens to the poor sods that try to put this stuff together.
  13. roryglasgow

I thought those shelving units looked strangely like parts from a chemical weapons factory...
  14. shaygetz

shaygetz Active Member

Hurray....a way to get rid of them mad cows, use 'em as moooooclear warheads. OK, now that that's outta my system, I'll go take my medication....
  15. Mike R

Mike R Member

...Proof indeed that there are several things even a 'Vegas tiger will neither bite nor maul !:eek:
  16. roryglasgow

Is that moo-cue-lar or moo-clear???
  17. spitfire

spitfire Active Member

Just ordered my Ikea Spider Hole today - it's called "Boris". Going to start assembling it just as soon as the ground thaws a little. Then let the US Army do their worst - they'll never find me!!!!!

18. Vic

Vic Active Member

I might suggest that when you "go in the hole" take your chop saw with you. George W. has had his eye on it for some time....he thinks its a weapon of mass destruction!!!:D :D :D :D
  19. CN1

CN1 Active Member

Does that mean there's no more "Swedish meat balls" shipments coming thru?

What am I going to do? What am I going to do? What am I going to do? What am I going to do? What am I going to do? What am I going to do? Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

I guess it's back to moose steak and beaver tails.....
  20. spitfire

spitfire Active Member

Mmmmmm............beaver tails.

For those who've never had them, "beaver tails" are a cross between a pancake and a crepe - they're long and flat hence the name. You buy them with different toppings, like grated cheese and garlic, or lemon and brown sugar. There used to be a place in Toronto where you could get them but I think it closed. They still sell them in the Bytown Market in Ottawa and with a cup of coffee or hot chocolate you just can't beat them on a cold winter day like today.

I'm making myself hungry just thinking about it.