Amazon UG 4500 /ABC/1:32

Zasek

Hi :)
I recently struggled with my models' quality and I changed my way of reinforcing my models. I started using glue stick and making my own sandwich cardboard. It's much easier to work with and cutting is ucomparable easier. Also the torsion almost vanished and the straightening is easier.

So I got happy and decided to share my model with you guys, hoping that you could give some useful advices from time to time :).

My enthusiasm is not as big as it was at the beginning, but I still kind of like this model (which I couldn't say about the last ones, even though with passing time I forget the mistakes and like them anyway
:rolleyes:).

So, here are some pictures of my progress.

Model info:
Name: Amazon UG 4500
Scale: 1:32
Author: Miloš Čihák
Publisher: ABC magazine

Předloha.jpg Photo0085.jpg Photo0086.jpg Photo0087.jpg Photo0088.jpg Photo0089.jpg

Z

Zathros

I like models like this. They really do catch attention as they are not something famous like some airplane or military tank. It is a model of something that people see every day. Great job! :)

Zasek

Tank #2 assebmled.
Photo0125.jpg
Tank #1 is at its spot.
Photo0126.jpg
Tank #2 got a platform with stairs and rails. I really made my job much harder at the rails and stair, because I used too thick cardboard. Well, at least some new experience :)
Photo0132.jpg Photo0133.jpg

Z

Zathros

You really have a gift for this, especially these models, which you make as fine as possible. I have seen some, and again realize how much the modelers can bring to a model. :)

sjsquirrel

Great so far

It's looking great so far Zasek. I use the same technique of laminating up my own reinforcements of card or thin cardboard with a glue stick. It helps a lot. I also have that strong inner critic that sees every little flaw, and is painfully aware of every little mistake while I'm building, but like you I've also learned that when I come back and look at it later all those little flaws disappear and I'm happy with the result. As my experience has grown the time it takes for that to happen has shrunk accordingly.

Looking forward to seeing more of your work.

Steve

jarobinson

Nice work and really great detail, super clean, we're all our worst critics that's why I'm glad there is a forum like this where others can give us an outside view and support. I'd like to see more of your work.