Discussion in 'N / Z Scale Model Trains' started by bigcozzz, Dec 13, 2006.

1. bigcozzz

bigcozzz New Member

I just finished converting six coal cars from Atlas to Micro Trains trucks & couplers and only droped the little whatha-ma-call-it pins 37 times.
  2. coaster

coaster Member

I think that's got to be a record! Call Guinness. (Either that, or pop the top off a bottle or two of same.):D

-- Paul
  3. SeriousSam

SeriousSam Member

u talking about the trip pins? I do that all the time when I change from rapidos to micro trains. they're a pain. Just wait til you start using BLMA grab irons and such hehe
  4. Herc Driver

Herc Driver Active Member

Good for you!!! That beats my record by about...oh I don't know...a lot. That's a tough job with parts so small. I have found that the best tool to use on those trip pins is a medical (stitch removal) plyer. They're cheap and normally come with an extra long set of tweezers - also handy. The medical plyers have a locking stop between the handle which makes it easier to hold things for a while without fear of dropping stuff, and the plyer points are curved about 90 degrees which helps. You can get them at almost any medical supply store - or do it the way I did - have lots of kids that need stitches.