Also Hi from Holland

Discussion in 'Zealot Archives' started by Triop, Mar 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Triop

Triop Member

I'm William (33) and live in Tilburg, Holland.
    I like to keep myself busy with creative projects and right now i'm busy with designing papermodels of jets made out of one piece, so no parts, it's just one cut !
    I'm working on : f-4, f-5, f-16 and f-18...

I also make the F-5 out of beercans : :twisted: :-D

I don't have as much time as I wish to finish these models (they are still rough versions only...:roll: ), but i'm planning on making a book containing the most populair jets.

In the near future I'm going to look for a partner for the graphic designs...I hope I can find him/her here :grin:

Looking forward to show of my models...most of my current models were wrecked by my daughter :twisted: so I'll be showing new models only...don't expect big projects of me because I like to work FAST :grin:

This is my latest...had to build it after seeing flyboys :twisted: :

I found out that people here like the SMALL stuff...some tiny fantasy planes (also cut out in one part) :

I make these during commercials on T.V. :)

That's it for now...excuse me poor English, I'm not perfect...:oops:

2. milenio3

milenio3 Active Member

Welcome William!!

Your goals are most amazing. I really hope you can achieve them, and of course, share them here with us. Please let us know your progress.

Also, please post your city in this thread, so I can put it in the map:
  3. Triop

Triop Member

4. Clashster

Clashster Member

Nice build, Triop! The small stuff is well apprecitated around here! Thanks for the photos and good luck with your plans!

5. Hallo Triop
    Leuk om een nieuwe Nederlander te vinden, leuke club mensen hiero...
    Keep posting those picture's, I started some building threads, and it's realy nice what kind of comments and support you get, welcome to the club
    Cheers, Billy
  6. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Welcome to the fold triop! Glad to have ya with us. Those are some pretty nifty little designs you ahve there!
  7. Triop

Triop Member

@ Billy : Leuk dat hier nog meer nederlanders zijn, hoeveel zijn het er ?
    Op het kaartje zag ik er 4 ?

@ Cgutzmer : Thanx...especialy the F-18 was a hard one..considered it's made out of one part...

Or did you mean the Fokker ;-)
  8. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

When you say one part do you mean all the parts are cut from one sheet, or do you mean that its one big part folded to look like a plane with cuts in the one piece as needed?

The fokker is nice! Flyboys is the reason I build my first ww1 plane as well! I want to build one of those nifty bombers from the movie someday....
  9. Triop

Triop Member

Yes...I was afraid that people didn't understand it :cry: :-D

These models are IN ONE PIECE, ONE CUT..some folding and a bit glueing 8)

I wanted to make something simple for kids,cutting out is easy, but putting them together is pretty hard...:twisted: (accept for the F-5...)

I hope this makes it more clear...I'll change my intro a bit..:-D
  10. Richard

Richard Member

Hey Triop,

hier nog een 'kaaskop' uit 't oosten des lands...........
    Welcome to the club!

11. paper warrior

paper warrior Member

Nice Zeek, call in The Wood Engravers! Always great to have another designer, and another William.
  12. Triop

Triop Member

@ Richard : Hee leuk...da's nr 2! :grin:
  13. rickstef

rickstef Guest

en ik ben een nederlander, maar nu in de VS, ik been Branbants, Boxtel en Oosterhout

Welcome to the site Triop

14. Triop

Triop Member

Dat is bij mij in de buurt...Ik kom uit Tilburg...grappig :grin:
  15. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

Hello and welcome to the forum, Triop.
    It is refreshing to see a little something new and different on the forum.
    I really enjoyed having a look at your one piece models! Very ingenious!8)
    A new way of looking at the same old things, wonderful idea and very nice work!

I'm looking forward to seeing some more of your wonderful creations, or even just more pictures of the same ones!:-D Works for me!

16. thewoodengraver

thewoodengraver Active Member

I is almost like origami, except cuts must be made.

I love them! Also WELCOME!!!
    I don't know how I missed this post this morning, I must have gotten lost.

I would invite you to read my " Welcome New Member" by clicking the link below, it will give you the quick tour. Also, my signature if full of useful links as well as two instant free cardmodel toy downloads!
  17. Hallo Triop,
    De andere 2 zijn waarschijnlijk Ben Elfrink, hij ontwerpt , ik heb een paar van zijn ontwerpen, en Sheila Martens, zij heeft een leuke website met eigen ontwerpen van Middeleeuwse kastelen, zwaarden en wapens

The nice thing about this forum is that a lot of members are designers, there's a lot of expertise here , check out some of the tutorials on computerprograms like Pepekua, in the beginning it looks a bit complicated, with all the catagories, but it works quiet well. Check the Partsbin for free designs from members..

Cheers, Billy
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.