Alpine Division Scale Models

Chessie1973

Nov 22, 2003
Tacoma, Washinton
Visit site
Has anyone here built any of this companies Metal Kits?

I have been looking at their coal mining structuresa and I really like the looks of the Wyoming Coal Mine and a few others they have but I cant find any place that has any in stock.

I was hoping to get some input as to whether these kits are worth the wiat to get since I want to model a more modern metal structure type mine on my layout

DougF

Jun 10, 2004
Southeast Michigan
The only ones I've seen constructed were done in the days before super glue. When I first got into model railroading (1954) the local club had one on the layout and it looked pretty good. In those days they were made by Suydam. It would have needed weathering to todays standards but is a good basic model. I'm sure that construction will be much easier with super glue than it was with solder.

Hope this helps you.

Doug

Hi,

I'm building the Black Bart Mine and the Ore processing plant. These are Suydam kits that I bought over 20 years ago. They will need a lot of extra detail but I have several and thought it would be nice to complete them. The soldered metal construction is pretty rugged.

I also have a sawmill, a box factory and a roundhouse. I plan to use all but the roundhouse.

You can see a little of them on my website. They are not complete and don't have the detail that is expected today. But they are fun.