alphabet soup......

Discussion in 'G / O / S Scale Model Trains' started by ozzy, Dec 29, 2007.

1. ozzy

ozzy Active Member

PS2, TMCC, DCS, ENG 1, CAB 1,

i think its easier just to watch trains go
  2. dbaker48

dbaker48 Member

Ozzy..... This is all soooooo much fun !! You're missing the euphoric feeling of relief, when you turn power on the layout, then select an engine and it actually starts up!! What a relief, 1 more time!!! Now how would that compare to turning on the power, then pushing a throttle handle and something moves? Where's the anticipation, the excitement, that heart pounding fear waiting for the startup? Of course we only run the ones that are still under warranty, and Customer Service is on the speed dial. Are you chicken or what? If you want to be "safe" then should do something like sky diving. This is real mania testing!!!

Then when you feel real comfortable with all these letters and abreviations, then bring your wife in and tell her your going to teach her how to run the stuff. Or just have the neighbor kids come in to "see" your layout. I let them look in the windows from outside, and listen through the patio speakers.
  3. Renovo PPR

Renovo PPR Just a Farmer

Aux1- 9-5-5-5-WSTL - Dir >is all that it takes to get them going. :thumb::mrgreen:
  4. 60103

60103 Pooh Bah

Is that the fire department or the ambulance?sign1

And that's better than turn on the power bar, advance the throttle? :thumb:
  5. Renovo PPR

Renovo PPR Just a Farmer

:mrgreen: It is that secret code to get a MTH PS2 conventional with TMCC.:thumb:
  6. dbaker48

dbaker48 Member

Its obvious you guys dont understand. Would explain but I need to go rewire my layout. And, I hoped to I would get to reload the software on the computer today, drats.
  7. ozzy

ozzy Active Member

oh sure, just leave us in the dark cave we live in.. or under the rock, witch ever........
  8. Renovo PPR

Renovo PPR Just a Farmer

Battery power would solve most wiring problems. :thumb: I predict that will be the next move in less than three years.
  9. Dave Farquhar

Dave Farquhar Member

I wish it would happen. It would solve some reliability problems too (not all, but a lot) and allow prices to really drop. The G scale Polar Express sells for about 1/3 the price of the O gauge one. I prefer the vintage stuff and probably always will, but if I could get a modern production battery train to run outside, I'd do it. I'd rather have something that looks better than a New Bright, and I'd like it to be O gauge so I could use some of the same rolling stock.
  10. ozzy

ozzy Active Member

battery's? i hope it never catches on! nope never, cost way to much in battery's. rechargeable you say?..... nope charge them 2 hours , run them 10 min, recharge them 2 hours, run them another 10 min. nope, wont work for me! i had enough of battery's when i was into RC cars. i spent over 1500.00 on battery's just so i could run a 1/2 day without recharging down time. had 5 chargers to.