Along the river and thru the trees to Grand-ma's

Discussion in 'Photos & Videos' started by Tyson Rayles, Jul 24, 2002.

1. Tyson Rayles

Tyson Rayles Active Member

house we go! The Southern's Tellico Gap turn is in the shop so we see a rare run by the NM crew along the Tuckaseegee river to Bryson City. Here it plays peek-a-boo thru the trees.

Attached Files:

2. cidchase

cidchase Active Member

Pure-D excellent,Tyson
    Those trees are superb!!
  3. Drew1125

Drew1125 Active Member

That is the coolest shot ever, Tyson!
    :cool: :cool: :cool:
  4. Tyson Rayles

Thanks guys, I subcontracted the tree work out to Shamus and Pete !!! :D :D :D
  5. marty w.

marty w. Member

Nice work.
    The blending is excellent.
  6. Tyson Rayles

Thanks Marty! :D It's actually 3 pics. The distance mountains was taken around the corner from my place, the river shot was taken close to town at a spot where I eat lunch alot, and of course the model train. I feel it's still a little on the crude side but I think I'm going in the right direction at least. :D
  7. marty w.

marty w. Member

I would be quite pleased with myself, if I did that.
  8. Vic

Vic Active Member

HI Tyson, I'd give you "two thumbs up" if the board would let me do it:) Great picture:) I'm impressed:)
  9. kettlestack

kettlestack Member

Crude????? sheeeeeese, that's a work of art!
    I looked and looked and looked again at the pic. It's absolutely fantastic:eek: :eek:
    I even checked the forum again wondering if you had posted it in here by mistake instead of in "The Real Thing USA". heh heh heh, I even tried to see the flanges on the wheels to check on it being a model!
    I love it!!

10. shamus

shamus Registered Member

Tyson my friend, I have enough trees to make without yours as well :D:D
    Nice photo that, getting a real feel for computer magic eh. :rolleyes:I Love it/

11. Matt Probst

Matt Probst Member

Ditto re: everyone else's comments...especially Marty's! Tyson somehow you've managed to get "word dyslexia"...(crude actually means spectacular...)

Matt--Hershey, Pa.
  12. I love it Tyson!

You've just raised the bar another 2 notches. Great work! :p
  13. Tyson Rayles

Thanks folks ! For those of you who jumped on me about my crude remark :eek: I just feel like the train itself should have been less fuzzy. When you size something with the program I have you usually have to refocus it BEFORE you stick it into the picture, I found out. To compound things the program I have won't let you do layers or erase so everything has to be cloned. Having said that overall I am happy with the results so far, just feel like I still got a ways to go, but hey, the trip is half the fun!!!!! :D
  14. sumpter250

sumpter250 multiscale modelbuilder

First, thankyou for the "tree" compliment, but I can't build them THAT well!
    Second, if that's "crude",,,,,I quit! Hey, the train IS moving !
    Third, and last, whatever the limitations of the software, you've been able to work around them, and produce a really beautiful shot.
  15. PennRailRoads

PennRailRoads Member

Now could you imagine if someone actually made it look like the train was taking off for space with the flames shooting out the caboose?

That would be funny and quite challenging! :D
  16. Gary Pfeil

Gary Pfeil Active Member

Tyson, That is very cool! Amazing what can be done.

17. BNSFC449W

BNSFC449W Member

Is that real? WOW!
  18. Tyson Rayles

D*mn Pete, if you nor Shamus made the trees, who did??? :D PennRailroads your are giving me food for thought. :p Thanks Gary! BNSF everything is real except for the train.
  19. t. alexander

t. alexander Member

Thats what I Thought when I saw it, :D :D. Exellent photo Tyson.

20. Ralph

Ralph's for fun!

You must live in a beautiful area! And, there's just something about trains running along rivers that really appeals to me. Nice shot!