Along the right o' way...

Discussion in 'Photos & Videos' started by Casey Feedwater, Oct 7, 2003.

1. I was doing some model railfanning along Millers Creek (as well as some fishing in the creek below) when the Osage Valley's old work train rumbled by. I barely got back up the creek bank and to the right of way in time to snap this shot. :rolleyes: :D

Attached Files:

2. jon-monon

jon-monon Active Member

WOW :eek: Beuatiful work as usual! May I ask, uhmmmmm how tall are you? :rolleyes: :D :D :D
  3. Tyson Rayles

Tyson Rayles Active Member

Great shot, love the camera angle. With that big of a work train you must be better than the rest of us at getting your LPB's to work! :rolleyes: :D :p
  4. Clerk

Clerk Active Member

He climbed up on a stump John

Nice going Casey
  5. sumpter250

sumpter250 multiscale modelbuilder

Definitely worth scramblin' up the bank for! Sweet!
  6. I don't mind at all, jon. I'm 9' 2-3/4" tall. And no, I didn't play basketball. The ball was too small for my hands and no fun to play with. :rolleyes: ;)
  7. Lighthorseman

Lighthorseman Active Member

Beautiful shot, Casey! Well worth the effort, I'd say! :)
  8. Drew1125

Drew1125 Active Member

Fantastic modeling, & photo Casey!
    :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:
  9. TomPM

TomPM Another Fried Egg Fan

Great shot Mike! great work as usual.
  10. Thanks for the compliments, guys. As I said before in another thread, I had fun trying to find new angles and settings to photograph the train and individual cars. It was an interesting "challenge." :)
  11. jon-monon

jon-monon Active Member

Aaaaaaauuuuuuuuuuuuuummmmmmm, what scale? :D :D :D

Seriously, when did you begin working on those onederful, no twoderful, bits-o-rollin' stock? At that level of detail, you must have tons of HO scale man-hours in it!
  12. sumpter250

sumpter250 multiscale modelbuilder

Been a long time since I've heard, or thought of Victor Borge. Thanks for the reminder, even today, someone reading aloud from a book, doesn't sound right without 'pronouncing' the punctuation marks.
  13. I don't remember exactly when I started. My best guess would be about 18 months ago. I took a break from car construction this past summer to work on some other things, so I still have around 10 more to go before I have finished what I originally planned. Of those at least 5 will be additional tie/rail cars and at least 2 will be additional ballast gons. Most of my construction time came last fall and winter on Sunday afternoons while watching football. :D
  14. TrainClown

TrainClown Member

Ultra WOW!

Casey I just love your work train! It is the best and most imaginative train model I ever saw. You inspire me to build a work train for my future layout as well.

After the work train, what do you plan next?

Maybe some wooden box cars from scratch??? :D :D ;)

(I bet you'd make a great job of those)

All thumbs,

15. interurban

interurban Active Member

Very nice Casy, Super modeling:) Now about that fish did it get away???:D :p
  16. Clerk

Clerk Active Member

Heck. You should know Casey by now. When that train showed up He threw the whole darn fishing gear into the pond as he dashed up the hill
  17. spitfire

spitfire Active Member

Well, if Casey says he is 9 ft tall, I wonder how big he thinks that fish was? I'll bet it was huge!

oh yeah, forgot to say, AWESOME modeling and photography Mr. F!!!!