Along the right o' way...

I was doing some model railfanning along Millers Creek (as well as some fishing in the creek below) when the Osage Valley's old work train rumbled by. I barely got back up the creek bank and to the right of way in time to snap this shot. :rolleyes: :D

Attachments

• wtrain31w.jpg
    wtrain31w.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 162

jon-monon

Aug 15, 2002
Cobblers Knob, IN
www.2guyzandsumtrains.com
Originally posted by Casey Feedwater

I don't mind at all, jon. I'm 9' 2-3/4" tall. And no, I didn't play basketball. The ball was too small for my hands and no fun to play with. :rolleyes: ;)

Aaaaaaauuuuuuuuuuuuuummmmmmm, what scale? :D :D :D

Seriously, when did you begin working on those onederful, no twoderful, bits-o-rollin' stock? At that level of detail, you must have tons of HO scale man-hours in it!

Originally posted by jon-monon

Aaaaaaauuuuuuuuuuuuuummmmmmm, what scale? :D :D :D

Seriously, when did you begin working on those onederful, no twoderful, bits-o-rollin' stock? At that level of detail, you must have tons of HO scale man-hours in it!

I don't remember exactly when I started. My best guess would be about 18 months ago. I took a break from car construction this past summer to work on some other things, so I still have around 10 more to go before I have finished what I originally planned. Of those at least 5 will be additional tie/rail cars and at least 2 will be additional ballast gons. Most of my construction time came last fall and winter on Sunday afternoons while watching football. :D

TrainClown

Apr 17, 2003
Saskatchewan, Canada
Visit site
Ultra WOW!

Casey I just love your work train! It is the best and most imaginative train model I ever saw. You inspire me to build a work train for my future layout as well.

After the work train, what do you plan next?

Maybe some wooden box cars from scratch??? :D :D ;)

(I bet you'd make a great job of those)

All thumbs,

TrainClown