almost gave up

Relic

Nov 6, 2005
Nova Scotia
Yessir,nearly gave up. I'm not knacky when it comes to computers at the best of times,so when I came accross the new zealot home page and found it had no access to index I nearly quit,wasn't on for almost two weeks{Iwas going through my "bookmark",then I tried googeling "the Gauge" and walla there it was.
Did you miss me?

RobertInOntario

Mar 22, 2006
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Welcome back! I must admit, I'm also having a bit of frustration now ... After typing in www.the-gauge.com the usual list of recent MRR postings no longer comes up. Instead, a list of all hobby/Zealot forum postings appears & I have to sort or wade through it till I find The Gauge/MRR section.

At any rate, I still manage to find my way around by trial-and-error. Trial-and-error is how is usually solve most of my problems, especially with computers AND MRR issues!

Russ Bellinis

Feb 13, 2003
Lakewood, Ca.
Visit site
I put a new bookmark for the Gauge. I like the forum to open on the Gauge forum index page. I find the new posts by visiting the sections of the forum that I usually frequent and note the "new posts" icons on the left margin. When it changed a while back and the old bookmark suddenly took me to a page with all of the new postings from all of the Zealot hobby forums, I just found something from the Gauge and opened it. Then I could go back to the index from the top of the page and made a new bookmark.

RobertInOntario

Mar 22, 2006
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
I edited my profile to drop most of the non-railroad forums (I left the admin ones in, for some reason) so now I just hit the main page and "new posts".

This sounds like a great idea -- I think I'll try this when I get a chance.

[Psst -- Have you have a chance to check my new pics on my "Rivarossi kit-bashing" thread? :mrgreen: Thanks!]

Cheers, Rob