Allready coded engines

LongIslandTom

Apr 8, 2006
Long Island, NY
That particular vendor does not have a very big selection.. Nonetheless some of their stuff are indeed DCC-equipped (the item description will say "W/DCC").

Are you in Pennsylvania? If you live in PA but order from a vendor in some other state, you won't get charged PA's 6% sales tax. That's what I would do. :thumb:

Hope this helps.

Jim Krause

Apr 7, 2005
Polson, MT
There are two definitions to be aware of. DCC Equipped--means the locomotive has a decoder installed. DCC Ready--- means the wiring is there to attach the decoder to. You have to buy the decoder separately. Also there are two types of decoders-- those with just locomotive control functions and those with control and sound functions.
Older locomotives (pre DCC) can be equipped with decoders but it requires wiring additions and isolating the motor from the frame. Additionally, some older loco's may have limited room for a decoder.

jr switch

Oct 11, 2006
northern Indiana
Spartalee------- Try Internet trains.com, Hobbyfrenzy.com, or Hobbylinc.com. I have purchased engines from all three, all were set up for DCC and delivery time was just a few days. Good luck, hope this helps---------------John R

CRed

Dec 10, 2006
Duluth,MN
Also try internethobbies.com and caboosehobbies.com,I've never ordered from them but they have large selections of DCC ready/equipped locos at decent prices.

Chris