Allow Me To Introduce Myself

Tolppisouth

Mostly Harmless
Nov 16, 2013
Winston-Salem NC
Hello,

My name is John Tolppi. I ran across this site in hopes of finding a file to download of the Stargate Prometheus model to have something to do this evening. Alas the file I found can't be downloaded without the four week cooling off period and ten substantial posts. Oh well, I'll survive.

I run an after School program and have introduced Xacto knives to my kids (1st grade to 6th). They are currently making cardstock mini-figs and next week I'll introduce Cubeez. I only let three or four work at a time and let those who want to, do it. Perhaps some will want to go further and I can get more challenging items for them to do. I know at least one young lady who would love to build a horse. I also want some make cardstock saucer rockets like those on Art Applewhite's web site.

As for myself, cardstock rockets are always a joy. I also am interested in taking SF ships and putting them under power.

Thanks for reading to the end!

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
Jun 12, 2009
Oregon
www.deviantart.com
Hello and welcome to the forum.
You have come to the right place for all things SCI-FI. We have many members here that are interested in SCI-FI (including myself).
As for the four weeks and 10 posts, that will go by rather quickly.

It is great to hear that you share this hobby with your students.
If you would lie, you can post photos of their work. We would all like to see the work of future modelers.

You had mentioned that one of your students is interested in horses. Here is a site that has a horse (as well as other interesting projects that some of your other students may be interested in): http://cp.c-ij.com/en/contents/1006/

If you have any questions, comments, concerns, need help or advice please feel free to ask and we will do what we can to help you (or at least point you in the right direction).

Once again welcome aboard and I hope that you enjoy yourself.

I look forward to seeing your work!!!

Tolppisouth

Mostly Harmless
Nov 16, 2013
Winston-Salem NC
Thanks for the reply. I'm happy it wasn't "here comes another one."

I don't know what I can contribute yet but I think I can have fun here.

Thanks for the link. I'll check it out after the game. I'm streaming the game for my wife and the cable is short.

I also attached a picture of a Yoda cubee for practice.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1384729916477.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1384729916477.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 12

Tolppisouth

Mostly Harmless
Nov 16, 2013
Winston-Salem NC
As requested, I've attached a picture of the paper mini figs I had my kids make. The bodies are folded over and glued cardstock inserted into a slit in a foam-board base.

Attachments

• 20131118_181552[1].jpg
    20131118_181552[1].jpg
    186.6 KB · Views: 15

McGee

Cory
Oct 5, 2013
Spokane
I like the gog and magog references. welcome to the forum. I'm still pretty darn new myself. I still have new car smell, so don't worry. You will find that contributing comes a lot more fluidly and second nature than you may think. That Viper on the table...is that carved wood, or is it a vacuform body for powered rocketry?
It's really cool.

Tolppisouth

Mostly Harmless
Nov 16, 2013
Winston-Salem NC
Thanks for the comments. The Viper is balsa except for the pods which are cardstock and cardboard tubing. It was designed to be a flying model rocket but the aerodynamics weren't there. It didn't do so well. It needs a little repair and shelf space to collect dust on.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk