All the Enterprises

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by OylPslyk, Jul 23, 2006.

1. OylPslyk

OylPslyk Aspiring Usurper

thaks for the praise guys, it really helps the motivation factor...

it seems you two really are paying attention too, most ppl tend to go dislexic on my name and call me "OLLY"hehe

but on a more serious note the insomnia beast-aka the yappy bi*** in the yard nextdoor- has kept me up and crackin at it tonite so ill update the above post with a nearly complete plan in a few more hours. I dont think there will be a complete elevation for this one, im just gonna make a few sketches for notes if i hit problems, so hopefully i can start generating some parts soon!!!8)
  2. OylPslyk

I decided to add a lil extra to this post...

since this one keeps lookin better and better I decided to add a lil more to show what im now working from, and trying to accomplish :twisted:

With the exception of the command module this is the finished saucer design...

Iv'e sized them up close enough and did a lil cut'n-n-paste'n, but on my actual drawings the saucer is now 285mm or a lil over 10"

ive acutally been referencing the bottom 2 images, but they are just photoshop'd versions of the middle 2...
  3. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

I know you have had some problems in the past, thinking that no one wanted to build your models or was not even paying attention.

Well, I am here and I'm paying attention and I have been since the beginning.

I just have a full plate at the moment. I am working on about 10 different models at once and I hate to complicate things by throwing in another one but I think this one will be worth at least that!
    So here I am, throwing in number 11!
    Sometimes I just cannot help myself.

You have done such a spectacular job so far and it is looking better every day, there is just no way I could not build it!
    Move over you other ten, something spectacular is going on!

I would tell you how to get rid of the dog next door but she seems to be helping us out. 8v) Maybe she is a modeler too.
  4. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

I'm readily standing by for assistance.

I have access to some Star Trek fanatics who steadfast in keeping designs within the realm of accuracy.

On a side note.

Someone on a Scifi forum created the 1701 original series ship with the same technology as Enterprises NX class.
  5. OylPslyk

Once again thanks for the renewed interest guys...

on a side note of my own I have a lil to vent.... since I began work on this one i've been taping the re-runs as they come on; and was watching a few episodes while i worked tonite...

I admit I'm not a HARDCORE trekky, but I have been a fan all my life. BUT when it came to the Enterprise series I did watch the whole thing when it aired, but every week grew to hate it more and more... they just screwed up toooo much trek dogma. Tonite I was completely re-introduced to this emotion...

am I the only one out there feeling that way?:???:

Ironicaly the "akiraprise" NX is one of my favorite ships though...

Oh, well, just wanted to get that off my chest.
  6. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

Well if thats the case then check this out.

7. OylPslyk

Wow, thats pretty kewl

sure makes it look a lot meaner huh!

i wonder if that shouldnt be added to my list!
  8. OylPslyk

Speaking of funky trekships...

About 10 yrs ago when I was in my RC phase... my roommate and I got the bright idea of trying to adapt the Ent-D into a flyable model!

because of the wide profile of the oval saucer and the flat lower deck/nacelle pylons. we thought we could adapt a decent flyer.

without distorting and adding too much to the basic shape we actually had built a prototype, It flew, but control was a MMMMMAJOR issue! we never did fix it.

anyone out there up to that challenge?

Mwaaa Haaa Haaa <--evil laugh at the sound of liquifying grey matter of those who try:lol:
  9. Sparks

Sparks New Member

Hey OylPsylk!!

I'm paying attention from the beginning, and i'm very impressed of your model, it's really sweet. But i'm waiting to a final model to start building.

Keep the good job!!
  10. cygielski

cygielski Member

FWIW, I'm paying attention too. Really nice start. I'm really looking forward to you tackling the original series Enterprise, or 1701 D. This NX thing must have been after my Trek days.
  11. Sparks

Sparks New Member

I have a model of the NX, very detailed, with lights, (from Bandai) but I want a NX paper model!!
  12. OylPslyk

its good to hear from all you guys, but to be honest I knew there were people out there checkin this out, this thread turns 1 month old tomorrow and already over 4000 views, so i knew you were out there...:-D

All I can say is I hope not to dissapoint any of you!

Right now i'm working out a new build pattern, the saucers upper 4 rings, and on the bottom the inner 1/5 or so im using the graphic "plate lines" making fingers for parts-trying to replicate the actual curve of the saucer. That should actually make "unfolding" a lil easier for me, we'll see.

Oh, well. back to the salt mines for now!
  13. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

Considering you have done much of the design with even using 2d/3d software. I hardly figure dissapointment will never happen. :eek:
  14. OylPslyk

This time i do plan in the future on generating parts in cad though, its fun doin this by hand- but there is just too much error drawing parts by hand(especially on low-tolerence pieces with curves).:wink:

BTW- I maneaged to get ahold of my old roommate, and he's looking for some old pics of the r/c version ent-d i mentioned earlier!
  15. Regie

Regie Member

Great - you've really caught my interest with that idea. It's currently filed under "mad, but worth a go", so after I finish my 1:48 flying Saturn V (which means don't hold your breath - I ain't started it yet...) I might have a go at making the Enterprise fly.
  16. RedChico

RedChico New Member

1/500 plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz with sugar, cherry and whatever you like on top.:-D
  17. OylPslyk

Wow, the 1/48 Saturn is what 7' tall? be nice to see that one fly too!
    It's looking like all things related to my flyin-E has gone the way of the dodo...:cry: we just cant find didly on it anywhere:mad:

there is one last hope though, when we moved a friend who now lives somewhere outside Chicago kept a buch of posters and stuff and it may be that he still has some old plans and sketches. if he does i'd be happy to pass them on to you for a running start. I have NO idea what actually happened to the prototype, many people showed interest in buying it from us back then, But well---those were the college drinkin days--- anything could have happened to it. (we were fond of explosive burials in those days...)

and for RedC, yes the current version is in 1/500 scale.:) right now I'm crunching a few more numbers and getting the rest of my ducks in a row. because I hope to begin parting tomorrow. I may just make a trip to the store and get some grey cardstock for the prototype test to help with visual appeal. :-D

anyway I better shut up b4 someone shuts me up!
  18. Regie

Regie Member

Dude, you're a Gentleman and a Genius. I promise picures and video of my Saturn V when I eventually get it flying - sometime around Christmas I suspect, since the day job kicks in again in a week and a half.

After that, well, I'm tremendously attracted by the idea of a flying (rocket powered? Tempting) Enterprise. I reckon a fe tweaks should make that saucer into a viable lifting body, perhaps using the engine nacelles (sp?) as control surfaces.

It's an exciting idea, and I think you for it.
  19. OylPslyk

thats precisely the idea we had, but yes we did use the nacelles for engine mounts, just propdriven was all we got to, but we had plans to yank the turbofans outta a crashed a-10 i had. but u suppose a glider using rocket propelled launch would work too.

and lift wasnt a problem either as i recall, our estimates on controll surfaces were way too out of wack, it was like flying a "cartoon chicken" it just jerked everywhere. i wish we had gotten around to fixing it...:cry:
  20. OylPslyk

Sorry regie, no schematics for the flyin-E:cry: so now more than ever I will anticipate seeing someone take a crack at it.