All the Enterprises

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by OylPslyk, Jul 23, 2006.

1. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

So not a complete disection but rather a model which you can remove plating to see within.
  2. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

ok ... now yout crazy.

/gets straight jacket and meds... :twisted:
  3. OylPslyk

OylPslyk Aspiring Usurper

As i mentioned, this one might just bust my grey matter....

but did a few more calculations and if i did undertake this challenge, here's
    what ive come up with so far...

for type 1- a cutaway diarama style
    would have to be at least 1/350 scale, or in the neighborhood of 8-10" tall, and about a yard long...
    however, this model would only have 1 nacell(on the far side), and i would cut the saucer on the bias, with more of the upper decks exposed than the lower.
    some areas and decks would still be simply "flat" or just printed graphix for the details

if I went with type 2- or a full model with exposed/removeable sectors the model would be along the same scale as the NX is now, and the Refit or A class, and the Excelsior class will also be.

so, basically type 1 is VERY overambitous, but we'll see how things play out.
    I wont be starting on it untill the NX is finished anyway

and thanks for the interest so far!!
  4. Dnlgtr

Dnlgtr Member

I have the old Blueprint set from the Original 'Constitution class' starship (aka TV Enterprise)
    Would that be something you could use?? If so I will see how much Staples or Fed Ex/Kinko's will charge to scan them to a CD for me.
  5. SteveM

SteveM Member

I don't think they will scan copyrighted material. Some people have a hard time just getting them to make a single "xerox" copy.
  6. widget

widget Member

There is a growing trend over at my usual haunt( ) of useing paper model plans as templates for scribing sheet styrene to scratchbuild a subject.
    Why not reverse this process? Ther is a cutaway model of the TOS Enterprise on the market. Use the documentation,intruction sheets,painting guide,ect. and make paper tenplates from those.
  7. sjsquirrel

sjsquirrel Member

Bridge model

If that's the bridge model from JLeslie's site you could ask him. He just say's it's from Ron, but he can probably fill in Ron who?
  8. rickstef

rickstef Guest

Ron Caudillo

last time i checked he is a member here

9. OylPslyk

I am almost ready to offer the beta test!!!!:grin:

i need to re-ink some parts first though, i found yet another

the tail-boom sections were all screwey at the end where the nacelle pylons attached...

i'll post the final pics of the testfit a lil later tho.

this has been a lot of fun doin this all on paper, but DAMN has it been a lot of work redrawing junk everytime something is just the littlest bit off!!!:mad:

ive been able to keep tolerances down to about .2mm (or a pencil width), but goofs can really add up when the happen on connected surfaces!!!!

anyway, as far as the offer for the scans go, I think i have most of the available plans already, (at least anything that can be found free on the net), but thank you for offering.

The more i think about undertaking that project the more I think im gonna need someone to hold my brains when they finally squeeze out my ears!!!:cry: it should still be a lot of fun though...

ill post those pics a lil later when my camera gets home.
  10. OylPslyk

here's the next set of pics

the last set soon, my chiky mooved that memory card somewhere??!?!
  11. Kevin G

Kevin G Member

Models look great! This is a very large project you have going on here and hope you see it thru to the end!
    Not to take away from the project here but I must say something about your choice of image hosting.
    If anyone has not yet looked at any of the pics don't do it if your kids are around. Imagine my situation when I clicked on the pic link and my six year old daughter is greeted with pics of near naked ladies and adds for sex videos. :cry: Yes the adds are small but they are there all the same. I enjoy this site and am usually joined by my daughter cause she loves to look at what everyone is working on. This is a family friendly site last I checked, maybe a warning in your post would be appropriate as this could be an issue for people viewing from the office also.
  12. OylPslyk

i dont usually upload junk and a websearch gave that site... srry, will find new host and edit the post
  13. Kevin G

Kevin G Member

I hope that my post didn't come across as being rude, that was certainly not my intention. If you are looking for hosting you might try imageshack or photobucket, i know many of the guys here use those services and they are both free.
    I am looking forward to updates on this project and hope that I have not caused you thoughts of not sharing any further developments with us.
  14. OylPslyk

BETA release!

first, no offence taken at all, i have 'lil ones too...

second-just a quick note: the beta kit is finished and will be available tonite, or tomorrow!!!
  15. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

Imageshack is pretty good.

The only downside is the size of what you can upload but it always works for me.
  16. OylPslyk

The NX-class BETA model

Im very proud to say, yes its finally here.

i've been working like mad to get this ready the last few days (im bout to leave for vacation...), but ive convinced myself its good enough to release.

if you want to build this beta test, please be sure to read the supplied notes, and be sure to let me know how your build goes, and most of all-dont be afraid to tell me i goofed, but above all else ENJOY!!!!

i dont have time to really clean up the scans rignt now, and also the instructions only cover the first 80-85%, but as soon as i can i will update with better sheets. i have maneaged to consolidate it to 13 sheets.

-almost all detail parts are included, so if anyone wants to submit their own fully colored/painted renditions feel free to do so, (im much more of a designer than artist anyway).

also included is a ortho of the best matching design to the current version, its a poor scan though as my scanner isn't big enough for it...:cry:

ok then, happy building

Attached Files:

17. OylPslyk

next set

Attached Files:

18. OylPslyk

and finally.

remember ther IS still human error in here so please be patient, I am still confident however...

as soon as i have had a chance to refine these (and figure out how to make multi-page pdf's) I will update, enjoy

Attached Files:

19. Willja67

Willja67 Member

DANG THAT IS IMPRESSIVE!! I hope you'll forgive me not building it cause I've got my own project going on but still that almost blows my mind that you did all that by hand and so cleanly in so short a space of time!

You probably have a set of equations that you use in doing this stuff right? I've always been interested in knowing some of them so just in case we all get blasted back to sthe stone age I can still design my models and not waste the precious little paper that will be available (just kidding). Seriously I would like to have those equations.
  20. OylPslyk

its mostly just basic geometry, and i use simple trig ratios too....

when you think about it all you can do with paper is cones, tubes, and planes.

so just making your project design match that is the only trick really, after that its just a LOT of measuring out each little corner from the next....

if you saw my earlier post about my pocketpc excel sheet, i did maneage to fix my formulas in there, but i still had to a whole lot of junk manually

proof positive it can be done!

heres one of my cribsheets i made begining the project...

thats just the begining...:twisted: