All the Enterprises

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by OylPslyk, Jul 23, 2006.

1. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

Excellent scale comparison Steve!

That really helps to put things into perspective!

2. Dyna-Soar

Dyna-Soar Member

Could you also do the Ent-J from Enterprise? 8)
  3. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

Yeah Cool!

Is that an already done poster or something you compiled? Either way its neat and I want one!

4. TheWebdude

TheWebdude Just a Member

5. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

Thanks Rick................ I had no if I can look at this and let no one see me!

6. TheWebdude

TheWebdude Just a Member

Let em' see you. It's a great site!
  7. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

WoW! Who knew there were so many spacecraft about!:grin:
  8. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

Yes I copy pasted the ships and added the text. I know there are 747 and Yamato paper models out there so I picked those as examples to put alongside the ships so that one can appreciate how big of a project this is going to be.

As for the sturdiness of a project when dealing with ship's skins and possible warping. Most of the large skin covers are curved in such a way that they would provide their own support. That coupled with the fact that designs I have witnessed of ships would indicate that many builders use forms even on smaller scaled versions.
  9. OylPslyk

OylPslyk Aspiring Usurper

wow, J seems a long way away, since im going in order...

i just finished all the prototype NX full scale parts, and as soon as i finish scanning them ill do a test build, and post some pics too.

it'll just be BW beta parts but if anyone wants ill post the sheets too.

the model is about 320x185mm and im up to 18 sheets so far, but that doesnt include joiners (i like butt-joints, for less obvious seams)

so far everything looks good but we'll see when its together.
  10. widget

widget Member

Please do post the beta sheets.
  11. OylPslyk

Finally, something to see!!

I had trouble scanning the parts, the pencil didnt want to show up well...
    It's about time to cad this sucker out anyway

the test build is about half done, and its looking good, here's the pics so far., upload size threw me, so srry bout the zips

Attached Files:

12. OylPslyk

the rest

PS, i hope you like the christening... (i consider all my projects lost causes!)

Attached Files:

13. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

Hmmm... a 3 hour tour eh?

ps. the Sovreign is gonna be *censored* huge!!!!!1!!!one!~
  14. Willja67

Willja67 Member

:-o I am very seriously impressed! You did that without cad? Just how long have you been in designing that? That is very very good.
  15. OylPslyk

Heh, thanks for the vote of confidence, lol

But yep-just pencil, paperm and calc!
    if i did it all in the 'puter it'd be just like work!!!:)

currently ive put in about 45-55 hours in on this one, over about 3 weeks, but that includes 5 or 6 hours of original research on the net puting together a good set of references to work from.

current version-3.1 rev2. Prolly final too, untill i get feedback on the testkit wich will be available as soon as i finish the instructions.

(Boy does working on paper really make you miss the Undo/Redo buttons!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
  16. OylPslyk

A few more cents worth of opinions for the next kit

over the last week ive been having a continous brain-fart over the original series model.

A few earlier posts by willja67 and the woodgraver about miniaturizing got me thinking about incorporating a few new elements to the next design....

up till this idea hit me i was planning for now to skip the original 1701 model, since i recently helped my son assemble Ron Caudillo's model, and its one of the few good examples ive so far come across of trek papercraft.

BUT!!!! (and I have a feeling this idea is going to seriously liquify my grey matter)

I have now come back to Building an original 1701 model, except doing either a full blown half-version CUTAWAY model, or one with EXPOSED panels and sectors...

ver 1

or ver 2

ideas anyone?
    if anyone has specific ideas (including reference pics) for something they'd like to see in an enterprise model of this type you can mail them straight to me at

please for now just info for the original 1701, (as size will need to be increased for such a model-im thinking 1/500 or so)
  17. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

I HAVE the deckplans (yes each individual deck level) for the Galaxy class.

I am pretty sure there is a fully sliced D model out there.
  18. RedChico

RedChico New Member

1/500 plz. :twisted:

Don't forget sawcer (sp? i'm lazy) separation. :twisted:
  19. sjsquirrel

sjsquirrel Member

Personally I prefer a solid exterior with panels that can be removed or opened to reveal the interior.
  20. OylPslyk

just to clarify

i have the deck plans for D also: But for now the focus is for the Original Series version, i just used the D photo for and idea of what i was thinking. I just couldnt find such an illustration for the TOS ship.

P.S. i also have the file for the paper model of the TOS bridge, anyone know who made it? maybe i could get permission to miniturize his model to be fit inside???