All the Enterprises

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by OylPslyk, Jul 23, 2006.

1. OylPslyk

OylPslyk Aspiring Usurper

Here's just a preview of the detail level of the new NX plans..... :twisted:

this is one of the saucer rim's RCS thruster groupings

and a sort of x-ray

ref comparison
  2. Millenniumfalsehood

Millenniumfalsehood Active Member

Hey Oyl, do you know about Polar Lights' NX-01 model in 1:1000 scale? I think it would be a big help to you as it was made from the CG model used on the show.
  3. OylPslyk

Unfortunately I don't have one of them, but I do know someone who is using it to create his own 3d mesh from it!
  4. Nothing

Nothing Longtime Member

how big is the finished ship going to be?
  5. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

That amount of detail is going to require a massive build. You may have to forego details like RCS Thrusters unless your shooting for 1/72 scale which if you are we are looking at a ship filling up a whole room.

Consider the scale of the RCS thruster assembly on the Constitution Refit. Thats a chunk of ship the size of 2 decks. I'd equate to about roughly 6m in height. A person is 1.8m high and at 1/72 scale would be about 25mm high so a deck would be 35mm high and then rim of just the saucer would be hitting the 70-80mm mark so the model would be massive for that scale of detail. The saucer alone would almost be 2000mm in diameter.
  6. OylPslyk

that wasnt nesesarily what will be the layout for the model!! that was just meant to give an idea of the detail the new design file has!!

The revised model will probably be the same size as the beta was, at 1/450

I may address the size again a little further dosn the line, but we'll just have to wait and poke that bear again when we ge there.

lol, and if anyone out there wants to support the process !!! I would be willing to accept donations of the revered polar lights kits!!! lol:p
  7. OylPslyk

Now that I have spent a few minutes contimplating it......sign1

I know that in the beginning of all this I fluttered back and forth on the issue of scales a lot!

but since I am creating both the TOS and Refit versions at 1/350, I suppose it wouldnt hurt to goose the NX up a lil more to be the same size/scale?
  8. Nothing

Nothing Longtime Member

too bad this thread didnt happen a couple a weeks ago .....i just threw out my PL 1/350 th NX...:cry:
  9. OylPslyk

10. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

Oyl, I've got one of the 1/350th kits, would you like some close up shots of different sections?
  11. OylPslyk

That would be very kind of you!

sure, just send em to my email!
  12. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

Right O mate!:thumb:
  13. OylPslyk

a few more 'caps

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
  14. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

OMG! Beautimus! Don't you love how the people with all the answers, never have anything to say?

I think it's funny, maybe we're hitting to close to the bone...

What say you?sign1
  15. OylPslyk

just wanted to make a lil update. NX saucer's about 90%...

16. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Looking awesome! Thanks for the update!
  17. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

Looks fantastic Oyl, your skill amazes me. Trek On!
  18. OylPslyk

thnks dudes!

btw, I've been thinkin it may be time to end this thread - and fracture it into sep ones for the diff ships for clarity... so next time look for updates in a new thread... prolly "All the E's ver-(abc here)" or something of the sort!
  19. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

Looking good. It would make a great print at 24x26 in full color.