All the Enterprises

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by OylPslyk, Jul 23, 2006.

1. Tirta

Tirta Member

great news !! :D :D
    I am looking forward to your models.
  2. OylPslyk

OylPslyk Aspiring Usurper

Model Files

I may as well post the old versions now...........
    This is all the models from the last year (at least the ones I have released so far anyway).

View attachment Enterprise NX-01_v2.1-Beta.pdf

View attachment Enterprise NCC-1701-B_Development(Preview).pdf

View attachment Romulan_Bird of Prey-TOS-v2.1_Beta.pdf

View attachment Tie Fighter_v1.0-Beta.pdf

View attachment Tie Interceptor_v1.3-Beta.pdf

There are many changes I've made to the NX version, that will be released soon, so If you want to build it-just wait a little longer for the update!
    and I also included a peek at the scrapped B version.
  3. The Hermit

The Hermit Member

awesome stuff keep up the good work!!!

4. Gomidefilho

Gomidefilho Member

NX and Romulan Bird of Prey is amazing!!!!!!! Thank You!!!!
  5. bradon griffin

bradon griffin New Member

hey my name is Brandon any i want to say hey.
  6. OylPslyk

Once Again....Scales for the A/Refit!!!

Been working on a lot of the smaller parts, figuring out whats too small to make........... I have been designing this one for 1/400 scale but I've been doing a lot of thinking about bumping it up to 350 which will add about 3-1/4" to it....
    This is a small bump, but it really does drastically change how big it is.......
    There are many advantages though, the main one being it will match the other large scale plastic kits out there! The other is I have spent soooo much time on this one that It would be nice to see it built this way,-the bigger it gets, the more realistic the detail gets.

Anyone have any input on making this monster even bigger?

btw. Hello Brandon!
  7. OylPslyk

Just wanted to drop an update....
    I'm still working on the model, and also changing the saucer layout. This one has a much different approach to construction on the saucer.
    I making an effort for the first beta to see how it would look using the gridmarks to separate the parts, and try to get good complex curves out of it.
    If it works without too much difficulty in construction, it will produce curvature that looks like the actual ship looks, rather than the usual "step-up" construction that happens in all trek models.
    Im also using about 1/4" "fingers" on the rim edges to create curves there as well.

Hopefully all this will work, since this is such a bigger model than usual trek papercraft. The saucer is 16" across, most trek ships are about that in overall length.

I may not have the model done for the next update, (as I had hoped for this one!!!!!!!!), but I will at least have some pages ready to show!
  8. Carl (Surfduke) Hewlett

Carl (Surfduke) Hewlett Active Member

Thanks for the share of Your work

I will add these to the mountain of stuff that I will one day get back to, (LOL)! Great looking design work, (Very detailed). The Ent. B will be a work of art.

Does anyone on the group know the location for downloading the K-7 station that is shown on the German site?

Have a great day,

9. panzer

panzer Member

I know that Marko Haertel finished both model and instructions yesterday. It will be available for download at this week, but only for registered members.

I have Marko's permission to host it at for those who have problems registering with I already do this with the Cardassian Galor/Keldon and the Klingon Vor'Cha from the same designer.

Marko usually makes 300dpi sheets so I don't know how big the final file actually is, but I'm also allowed to host smaller files (single jpg or pdf sheets) for modem users if necessary.

I will post a new thread as soon as the model is online.
  10. Carl (Surfduke) Hewlett

Thank You!

I just re-watched "The Trouble with Tribbles".

11. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

Surfduke ... BEST EPISODE EVER!!! haha...

Now watch the Deep Space Nine episode where the DS9 Characters are in the Tribbles episode. Without a doubt THE best special effects/compositing I have ever watched.

My favorite part is where Kirk berated crewman in the brawl and got in Miles Obrian's face... funny. Star Trek - Deep Space Nine, Episode 103: Trials and Tribble-ations: Video: Rene Auberjonois,Michael Dorn,Alexander Siddig,Corey Allen,Reza Badiyi,Gabrielle Beaumont,LeVar Burton,David Carson,Chip Chalmers,James L. Conway,Tony Dow (II),Jo

I think this is the episode.
  12. Carl (Surfduke) Hewlett

I have never seen that episode. I will try and find it to view, (Thanks for the heads up).

13. panzer

panzer Member

I asked the designer about the K-7. He has already sent the files to a moderator of for uploading it to the download section, but most of the guys are visiting a cardmodelling meeting in Martin Saenger's hometown Eisenach this weekend. So that's why it will be available not until next week.

The color of the test build comes out too bright on this photo, actually the model is light grey:

14. OylPslyk

Other Favs...

My favorite Episodes have always been the Mirror Universe episodes, (from all the series).

I guess you can say I've always had a soft spot for the bad guys!! (Just look at my avatar!!) lol
  15. Millenniumfalsehood

Millenniumfalsehood Active Member

I look forward to that one. The only other K-7 station available is blue. :roll:

So right now, how close are you to an Enterprise-C? It's the only one I don't have yet in any form(including plastic).
  16. D-WHALE

D-WHALE Utopia Planitia Engineer

Hi Guys!
    YES! Next week is launch-week for the K-7! Hope so!

17. D-WHALE

D-WHALE Utopia Planitia Engineer

K-7 is out now

Hi Guys!
    The Spacestation K-7 is now available for members at !

Have fun with it!

Next Model in a few months!!!

18. OylPslyk

NX model...

Hey guys, and gals...

I'm in the process of gearing up to finally put the finishing touches and revisons to the NX model once the Refit is ready. I have recently recieved some excelent media and high-res screencaps to help me redo a lot of the artwork as well as finally pain on the "evil universe" decals too.

I still havent seen many images of the completed model, and only have my own partial test-builds to work on...

I know there are many of you who at least began to build this, but have never heard more from you.....;(

I would like to request if you have made an attempt at building my NX-01 please e-mail me with pics of your build or your notes/comments regarding it.
    even if you never completed the model - partial pics/notes will help!!

On another note: I have been much distracted by "real world work" the last few weeks so the Refit is still buried under a mile of detail work to complete................ (this thing is gonna kill me!!! lol )

here is a different look at some of the new data... I've recently begun working with someone new who has been using my dwgs to model in Rhino.
    we'll call him Mr. Anon for the time being.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
  19. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

Those look marvelous. Do you think Mr. Anon would mind if I shared those over at trekbbs, in the thread that we are all mutually working on?

Have the files and information that I've shared with you helped? Myself and another gentleman are still working together on ironing out more of the details, please keep in touch and keep us aprised of your updates.

You're the man Oyl, love watching this all come together.

Keep on Trekkin!

20. OylPslyk

Upcoming release!

I must start by apologizing for becoming so lax in my reports in this thread! sorry!
    I've been stretched very thin of late with all my model projects, as well as "real work" in the "real world".......

to begin with, I am going to wait on releasing any more of the Refit stuff for the time being.
    the reason for this is I began to finally finish and make final changes to the NX beta. I want to have this one at least finalized before I release another beta Enterprise ;)

When I began to delve back into the nx files, I discovered a few major errors in the basic size of the ship itself... and as some of you know early this year I had a MAJOR hd malfunction on my cad machine.... the result of this is the only dwg files on the nx that I still have are the papermodel file itself, and the heavily transformed to "hard-corner and curve" paper design.

except of course for the hand-drawn sketches that you long time readers of this thread know is what started this whole mess!sign1

Since this is the case I have decided to completely re-cad my design of the NX, I also have many better references this time as well.

in just 2 days I have managed to recreate nearly 80% of the design. And not to brag too much, but now that I am more familiar with the layout, I have been able to capture an enormous amount of detail that was either completely overlooked or mis-interpreted on the 1st pass.

I am still optimistic though that I can still use most of the beta parts with the new model, but I should find out how much by late next week. I will post the new design images in a few days once they are complete!

Till then!